09-12-2011 02:44 PM
    Looks like AT&T has finally put up a page announcing that the GSII is at least coming soon, maybe this means that we will get it on the 18th after all.....

Samsung Galaxy S II - Smartphone - from AT&T
    09-11-2011 01:24 PM
    They've had this page up a since a few days after they announced it.
    09-11-2011 02:58 PM
    Based on what Engadget has listed it looks like the page just went live, this is definitely the first time that I have seen the page on AT&T's website.
    09-11-2011 04:30 PM
    Based on what Engadget has listed it looks like the page just went live, this is definitely the first time that I have seen the page on AT&T's website.
    Just after the three carriers announced the GSII (maybe the next day or so) I did a search of AT&T's website. The page was already there. Not that it matters, though. For instance, the Atrix had a page on AT&T 2 months before it was released...
    09-11-2011 05:53 PM
    Just after the three carriers announced the GSII (maybe the next day or so) I did a search of AT&T's website. The page was already there. Not that it matters, though. For instance, the Atrix had a page on AT&T 2 months before it was released...
    I too found the page but only after using the search box at the AT&T site. Two days after the launch. After going to 3 stores none of them knew anything about it. I talked to a guy at the 4th AT&T store, he said the 18th would be the best bet. They are also releasing 2 other phones that day. The Sony game phone and one other I forgot.
    09-11-2011 09:37 PM
    I was in the mall today in Frisco, Texas and walked by a large Samsung kiosk where they were displaying the Galaxy tab 10.1. They asked if I wanted to handle the tab and I said nope, I would like the SGS II for AT&T. She said they will have it there to see on next Sunday, the 18th. You cannot buy it at the kiosk, but can handle it. She said AT&T will have it on the 18th. She said all of this unprompted.

Gives me some hope.
    jemcmichael and Mikegrann like this.
    09-11-2011 09:44 PM
    You can see the site linked in the original AT&T announcement: The Samsung Galaxy S II is the Nation's Thinnest 4G Smartphone | AT&T

But this is splitting hairs. Still no official release date. I hope all the rumors are true about the 18th. I've been using a GoPhone for 4 months waiting for this!
    09-11-2011 11:31 PM
    Word on the page being up long before any of the tech sites realized it. I've been signed up on that email list for a hot minute hoping anything will come out about launch date.
    09-12-2011 02:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD