% chance att is out on 18th?

beandoc

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm not too optimistic. Phones I want have never been released on the expected date, and we're just completely guessing about the 18th, it seems.

bake

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
A lot of sites have been saying the 18th though. I dropped by my local store and I could tell he knew but wouldn't say, but he did get kinda shifty when I asked if the 18th would be the day, and he said that would be good because they usually release new stuff on Sundays. Heres to hoping the 18th is right...

travis442

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Yeah it appears that almost every single Tech site I go to says something about an 18th release date even though there has been nothing official. I guess what concerns me about the 18th is it seems like there is already several other items coming out that day for AT&T.

I can't imagine that they would want to release a bunch of different things on the same day, hopefully I'm wrong though.

beandoc

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
I can't imagine that they would want to release a bunch of different things on the same day, hopefully I'm wrong though.

That, and tomorrow is already Wednesday... Not many more days to make some kind of announcement. I feel like an announcement would be made during the work week if it is to be released on Sunday, but who knows.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Seems like we would have a leak or confirmation from a AT&T employee. I am still holding on but wish we could have some confirmation!

travis442

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
That, and tomorrow is already Wednesday... Not many more days to make some kind of announcement. I feel like an announcement would be made during the work week if it is to be released on Sunday, but who knows.

I would for sure expect some kind of announcement during the week, surely even AT&T isn't dumb enough to try and make an announcement the day before are they?

Maybe tomorrow is the day we will here something (fingers crossed), I can't wait to get rid of this damn Iphone 3g.

bake

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Personally I don't care if they are dumb enough to announce it the day before, lol. We'll know and be able to get it!

Broheemster

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Personally I don't care if they are dumb enough to announce it the day before, lol. We'll know and be able to get it!

Me neither. Lol. But for business ethics and competition it might be wise to advertise a little. I mean after all, not everybody checks up on tech sites daily and there's so many other new phones recently and in the near future plus the fact that Samsung and the carriers screwed this phone out of potential sales by bringing it to the table sooo late. If they thought it would be an IPhone *#%^blocker on this soil and that was their strategy then they're sorely mistaken.

LazrRocketArm

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm dying over here! I don't understand why they
don't always advertise ahead, but often they do not.
VZW didn't make the Bionic official until a day or two
ahead. ATT did the same thing with the Thrill 4g.
Maybe they jus wait until the last minute to make sure there are
no glitches.

Fingers crossed for 18th!

travis442

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Me neither. Lol. But for business ethics and competition it might be wise to advertise a little. I mean after all, not everybody checks up on tech sites daily and there's so many other new phones recently and in the near future plus the fact that Samsung and the carriers screwed this phone out of potential sales by bringing it to the table sooo late. If they thought it would be an IPhone *#%^blocker on this soil and that was their strategy then they're sorely mistaken.

Agreed, from a purely business perspective you would think that they would want to get this phone to market as soon as they could in order to help draw in some of the market that can't decide if they want to wait for an Iphone 5 or get the best phone out.

The longer they wait the more people are going to just decide to wait for the Iphone 5 to at least see what it has to offer before they make a decision. Then again maybe I'm missing something and I don't see the bigger picture.

haison

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I am being hopeful that it comes out on the 18th. . . . but as the days draw near, it seems less likely to be released on the 18th.

Jeremy

Original Member
Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
I'm in the same boat as all of you. This Sunday does not look good at this point. I'm actually considering purchasing an unlocked version as I'm buying off contract anyways.

Broheemster

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Agreed, from a purely business perspective you would think that they would want to get this phone to market as soon as they could in order to help draw in some of the market that can't decide if they want to wait for an Iphone 5 or get the best phone out.

The longer they wait the more people are going to just decide to wait for the Iphone 5 to at least see what it has to offer before they make a decision. Then again maybe I'm missing something and I don't see the bigger picture.

True. And don't forget that the galaxy will be coming out on different carriers so for the people that don't know this and see a really neat bright screen phone coming out on that other carrier, AT&T should do a little more advertising than a hidden "coming soon" page on their website to keep them from jumping ship and just overall promote it . I'd say front page on the website and posters in the windows at their stores would be a good start. It just leads me to believe that the mighty Galaxy will be an underdog in the states. Hell, it's going for 99 bucks at walmart already lol. Oh well. If this 18th hubbub is true then I'll be at the store in the morn first thing. The less people that know will be the faster my transaction goes :-$

TBayTom

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
True. And don't forget that the galaxy will be coming out on different carriers so for the people that don't know this and see a really neat bright screen phone coming out on that other carrier, AT&T should do a little more advertising than a hidden "coming soon" page on their website to keep them from jumping ship and just overall promote it . I'd say front page on the website and posters in the windows at their stores would be a good start. It just leads me to believe that the mighty Galaxy will be an underdog in the states. Hell, it's going for 99 bucks at walmart already lol. Oh well. If this 18th hubbub is true then I'll be at the store in the morn first thing. The less people that know will be the faster my transaction goes :-$
Did you see the $99 price tag in store?

tewest86

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Just left an AT&T store here in New Orleans and got a little good news. I asked the manager are they get any new phones soon. I didn't asked about any specific phone. He said that 2 new phones were coming out Sunday but he wasn't sure what kind. He said he won't know till delivery on Thursday or Friday. It seems to me that Att doesn't tell there stores till right before launch day which I think is weird. He said he knows for sure 2 new phones but he doesn't know what kind. It did say that he thinks one is the playstation phone. He didn't know the name.

travis442

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Just left an AT&T store here in New Orleans and got a little good news. I asked the manager are they get any new phones soon. I didn't asked about any specific phone. He said that 2 new phones were coming out Sunday but he wasn't sure what kind. He said he won't know till delivery on Thursday or Friday. It seems to me that Att doesn't tell there stores till right before launch day which I think is weird. He said he knows for sure 2 new phones but he doesn't know what kind. It did say that he thinks one is the playstation phone. He didn't know the name.

Based on that probably not a good thing cause I think they are supposed to be releasing the Huawei Impulse 4G and the Xperia Play 4G which I'm pretty sure already have confirmed release dates for the 18th which would make 2 new phones.

tewest86

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Based on that probably not a good thing cause I think they are supposed to be releasing the Huawei Impulse 4G and the Xperia Play 4G which I'm pretty sure already have confirmed release dates for the 18th which would make 2 new phones.

Oh well. I guess that's not good news.

boondoc

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
yup, and that's why i'm considering switching to sprint. they had a release date on the day they announced their phone. of course AT&T knows when they're going to release their variant but for some reason don't think we deserve to know.

Plus $99 for a GS2? that might be the point the clenches the deal for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol