AT&T return trick

LazrRocketArm

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Since it looks like no GS2 tomorrow, I am thinking of using the 30 day return
policy on a new Infuse or Atrix. So tired of this iPhone.
Just hope the GS2 doesn't get pushed past 30 days.

Anybody else thinking of doing same? If I do, what do you guys suggest, Atrix or Infuse?

Thanks everybody!!

Statusnone

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site

Anybody else thinking of doing same? If I do, what do you guys suggest, Atrix or Infuse?

Thanks everybody!!

Are you reading my mind? I'm not leaving the AT&T store without something tomorrow. :)

Broheemster

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Haha. I thought about doing this in July... and Im glad I didn't. With how crazy the release has been for this phone do you really trust Samsung to sell by a certain date when there was never an official one announced? Getting something tomorrow would be a safe bet but with the summers' events, a risk. Tmobile gets theirs in the last few weeks in October....let's say nobody hears anything in the next 3 weeks for AT&T. I'd be sweating bullets lol.

bake

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
If it comes out 31 days from tomorrow I'm gonna be beyond pissed. The iPhone is supposed to be out before that.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
So if the SGSII comes out within 30 days you can exchange the Atrix with no restock fee AT&T and get the SGSII? Best Buy Mobile gives you 30 days also and NO restock fee...They may not have the SGSII at the same time as an AT&T store but it won't be long after! I would get the Atrix. I have heard since the Gingerbread update is a like a new phone, fantastic!

rezcroll

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
wait so how does that work?
Do I just go to at&t and buy an infuse for $99 since i'm eligible to upgrade? And then when the s ii comes out hopefully soon, I can exchange my infuse and pay $35 restock fee and $50 more assuming that the s ii is $200? What about my contract though. Does it get transferred over?

LazrRocketArm

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
wait so how does that work?
Do I just go to at&t and buy an infuse for $99 since i'm eligible to upgrade? And then when the s ii comes out hopefully soon, I can exchange my infuse and pay $35 restock fee and $50 more assuming that the s ii is $200? What about my contract though. Does it get transferred over?

That is how I think it works. I have not tried it yet, but I may go this afternoon.
May just wait. The Epic Touch is only $99 at walmart. If I can get the ATT GS2 for $99 next weekend,
then I am renting an Infuse for $135 for a week.
Starting to think patience is the best course of action.

ijip

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
in general, how long does it take for best buy to get the new galaxy s ii, do you think they will release it along side att or will they wait a week or two before getting theirs?

BuddhaMunx

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
I got the Atrix to try out Android and for the most part I love it! I have tried the Atrix before the update and then after and the update made the phone 1000x better in my eyes. Other than the GSII (whenever it finally releases) the Atrix is the next best phone, I will say it tends to be a little finicky software wise, but what phone isnt, I am assuming I was just so used to iOS running smoother, but that's what you get when the phone you used is so closed ended that you barely set your own notification tones for people......

tlo07

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
I tried out a BlackBerry Torch 2 when it was released and AT&T told me I only had 14 days to try it (is it different for different phones?). Plus, I paid $49.99 for the phone and then paid $35 for a restocking fee when I returned it! Ouch! So I guess I would lean towards doing any future trials with Best Buy rather than AT&T. I was actually in there today looking at the Infuse but can't decide between the Atrix, the Infuse or the Nexus S. I think I would like to pick one of these up for a test run.

BuddhaMunx

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
I think they may have changed it, the only thing that is a 14 day from what I read was accessories like the webtop for the Atrix. From what I have heard the Infuse is pretty snappy even though its still just a single core proc. I have never had an android phone other than the Atrix, so I am not sure which would be better, but I liked the Atrix, it was a bit buggy even with the new update, but that comes with every phone.

zmagrini

May 13, 2011
Visit site
had the atrix and everyone has a different experience, but after the GB update, it was laggy so i got it exchanged for a refurb and to my surprise it was the same thing. The scrolling is not so good after the GB update and the phone itself was kind of a let down. so i just sold mine yesterday (in time for the 18th) so for now i am back to the curve 8310. but its okay, it has "trackball technology".. yay

BuddhaMunx

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
Yea mine tended to have an issue with it restarting itself randomly, it wouldn't even show the dual core tech screen, or the pulsing Moto logo, it would go straight to the AT&T boot logo. And at times the screen would stick raised up cause of the keyboard popping up for a quick reply, got slower with more and more use day after day, and I myself had pretty much nothing on it, and only a few widgets, couldnt even run a live wallpaper without it lagging horribly. I loved it, but I know there are phones that are 100% better

BOSSY TEXAS CHICK

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
That is how I think it works. I have not tried it yet, but I may go this afternoon.
May just wait. The Epic Touch is only $99 at walmart. If I can get the ATT GS2 for $99 next weekend,
then I am renting an Infuse for $135 for a week.
Starting to think patience is the best course of action.

only 35.00 to rent it for a week, the other hundred would go towards the cost of the SGS II, right? Patience is good, but i spent a week with the Infuse and it was a "great week" : )

tlo07

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
had the atrix and everyone has a different experience, but after the GB update, it was laggy so i got it exchanged for a refurb and to my surprise it was the same thing. The scrolling is not so good after the GB update and the phone itself was kind of a let down. so i just sold mine yesterday (in time for the 18th) so for now i am back to the curve 8310. but its okay, it has "trackball technology".. yay

LOL! I had a Curve 83xx. It was a good phone in its day-- back when BlackBerry was king. That was my first smartphone. Must be hard to go back to that in this day and age! I hope the SGS2 drops soon for your sake!

kc8flb

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site

Thanks everybody!!

Buy one of those off of craigslist and swap sims.
I purcahsed an infuse off of craigslist for $200 about three weeks ago. Works great! No contract!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool