ChrisM47

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
With AT&T launching it's 4G LTE Network I want will their Samsung Galaxy SII if it ever comes out be LTE compatible? I really want this fun but if LTE is going to be the future of AT&T I kinda wanna future proof myself with my phone upgrade.

bake

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Not really, I'd rather have the battery life that comes with HSPA+ and not have to wait for the phone to get some radio and take another year just to get LTE. They are saying the holiday will have LTE.

haison

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
It personally doesn't bother me too much. I have a Verizon Wireless 4G MiFi hotspot and that thing last about 4 hours on 4G when I am in the big cities and get about 6 hours of use when I am at home. I have friends with Thunderbolts and it has been a headache for them with battery drains or rebooting issues.

I like it as a hotspot because it seems more useful for my Chromebook because it can use the data while I am surfing the internet on a bigger screen but on a mobile device it is only good for streaming YouTube or downloading files.

It is also a piece of mind for most people to have it and it is nice when you do have 25Mb/s download speed but I usually have my 4G MiFi connected to a portable 4000 mAh when I am in Atlanta to last the day.

ChrisM47

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
if its LTE, expect a big price jump and battery drain. id rather HSPA+. JUST GIVE ME THE PHONEEEEE.

Ya I agree I'm so tired of my iPhone I want to smash it lol

This is the phone I want I've been waiting and I have a feeling the Galaxy S3 will almost come out by the time we get a S2 rofl........

Dr Triffid

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
When I bought a Samsung Sync in late 2006, the AT&T rep couldn't stop talking about its fantastic 3G speed capabilities. Our city finally got 3G in early 2009, and my parents' town still doesn't have it.

LTE may be a factor for people in metro areas, but many people shouldn't let the anticipation of network upgrades stall their decisions. If my area of 40,000 residents gets LTE while I'm on a two-year GSII contract, I will be surprised.

paulavetta

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
When I bought a Samsung Sync in late 2006, the AT&T rep couldn't stop talking about its fantastic 3G speed capabilities. Our city finally got 3G in early 2009, and my parents' town still doesn't have it.

LTE may be a factor for people in metro areas, but many people shouldn't let the anticipation of network upgrades stall their decisions. If my area of 40,000 residents gets LTE while I'm on a two-year GSII contract, I will be surprised.

I couldn't agree more.
For most people this shouldn't even be a concern. It takes a while to deploy a new infrastructure. Unless you live in a major metropolitan area complete LTE coverage might be a year or 2 away. By that time you'll have a new phone anyways.

ijip

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
haha i dont understand? didnt it pass the FCC with no LTE radios? why are people takling as if we are getting LTE still? is there an announcement?