October 2 Confirmed

tewest86

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Anyone thinking of paying cash for the SGSII and using their upgrade for an iphone and then selling it? I believe you could sell a new iphone for more that $500? What I do not know is if the ATT store will just let you buy the iphone and walk out without seeting it up on your account if you use your upgrade. Anyone know? Just a thought...

If it's like every other launch where there's a shortage you could probably get about $700-$800 on eBay. However, unless your are talking about a month after launch it not typically that easy to get a new iPhone at launch. No other phone launchs like the iPhone. There's always news coverage and crowds and campers. Its crazy. On the Galaxy S2 launch it will be none of that.

foxbat121

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
If it's like every other launch where there's a shortage you could probably get about $700-$800 on eBay. However, unless your are talking about a month after launch it not typically that easy to get a new iPhone at launch. No other phone launchs like the iPhone. There's always news coverage and crowds and campers. Its crazy. On the Galaxy S2 launch it will be none of that.

The latest rumor (from AnythingD site which is quite reputable) is that there is no iPhone 5 this year, only iPhone 4S.

travis442

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
The latest rumor (from AnythingD site which is quite reputable) is that there is no iPhone 5 this year, only iPhone 4S.

If there is no Iphone 5 this year then I bet the GS2 ends up doing even better than expected. I think it would help people make the jump to Android.

wawa980

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
But they didnt even send an email to me even I sign up for it to get the latest update on the AT&T web page. Plus the only reason they will announce today is because Iphone 5 just made annocement today...Stupid AT&T...scare of apple....

Statusnone

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
Just returned and my SGS2 and cancelled my Sprint line.

Thanks for the date AT&T. Now just hold to it and I'll gladly continue to be a customer of yours.

On a side note, even IF Apple releases an iPhone 5 it will be at most on par with the SGS2. I promise you it won't be on the SGS2's spec level. Knowing Apple, they'll release specs that are a year behind Android phones, put "something" new on it and call it "magical" and "revolutionary."

I'll watch the event, and I really hope Mr. Cook has something nice up his sleeve because even though I will not be buying one I do enjoy seeing the keynotes. But for this year, Samsung has my business. When iOS isn't the same square icons on the home screen for a 4 and a half year stretch, and isn't the same screen size for the same duration, maybe I'll consider them again.

Reactions: verks

verks

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Knowing Apple, they'll release specs that are a year behind Android phones, put "something" new on it and call it "magical" and "revolutionary."

When iOS isn't the same square icons on the home screen for a 4 and a half year stretch, and isn't the same screen size for the same duration, maybe I'll consider them again.

Could have not said it better myself. This is Apple in a nutshell. Along with their flock of sheep...

SGS2 Here I come.

Rhino79

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know if the AT&T SG2 will be available for pre-order before Oct. 2, from any source? With Sprint, Walmart.com did pre-orders, right? Wirefly.com did too, but they apparently don't carry AT&T.

mpazevedo

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know if the AT&T SG2 will be available for pre-order before Oct. 2, from any source? With Sprint, Walmart.com did pre-orders, right? Wirefly.com did too, but they apparently don't carry AT&T.

With the announcement about a week and a half, we might get some good deals coming from some of the retail outlets.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

ijip

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
hmm i dont understand, are you guys saying that the Galaxy S2 for att will support LET? i thought it was just HSPA+ ? am i missing something?

bake

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I know there isn't any preorders from AT&T directly, I stopped in my local store and he said it was first come first serve.

mpazevedo

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
hmm i dont understand, are you guys saying that the Galaxy S2 for att will support LET? i thought it was just HSPA+ ? am i missing something?

No, the AT&T Samsung Galaxy S II phone is not LTE. It will use the HSPA+. AT&T's "4G" at the moment till they have their LTE set up next year. I rather have HSPA+ anyway since LTE is a battery drain.

travis442

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I figure I'll give Costco a call and make sure that they are going to have them and then will go wait for them to open. I'm not sure if they will let you reserve one or not, if so I'll definitely be doing that.

tewest86

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
I figure I'll give Costco a call and make sure that they are going to have them and then will go wait for them to open. I'm not sure if they will let you reserve one or not, if so I'll definitely be doing that.

Why? Sad to say but this is not the iPhone. You will be able to walk in any Att dealer and get this phone. Just like when it came out on Sprint. Im glad of that though. That way I can get 2 that Sunday afternoon and be back home to watch all the football games.

travis442

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Why? Sad to say but this is not the iPhone. You will be able to walk in any Att dealer and get this phone. Just like when it came out on Sprint. Im glad of that though. That way I can get 2 that Sunday afternoon and be back home to watch all the football games.

I agree but I'm also pretty sure that I read some post about people not being able to find the Sprint version because the store only got a couple of them.

It would really piss me off if I don't get one cause they only got two of the phones in stock for release.

Statusnone

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
I agree but I'm also pretty sure that I read some post about people not being able to find the Sprint version because the store only got a couple of them.

It would really piss me off if I don't get one cause they only got two of the phones in stock for release.

As far as I know, AT&T stores get shipments of phones every day of the week except Sunday. That's from a manager's mouth. I know it would suck to not get one the day it came out, but like someone said it's not an iPhone. You could have someone put your name on the next one that comes on Monday and have them call you to pick it up. Samsung pays them good money to sell their phones. I'm sure they'd love the guaranteed sale.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles