October 2 Confirmed

travis442

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Awesome, the confirmation is on Facebook as well.

At least I don't have to worry about not being able to get it this weekend.

Now to just figure out where I want to go pick it up at.

travis442

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Now that I have an actual date I'm excited again, I suppose I'll be able to make it another couple of weeks on my crappy Iphone.

Hopefully there will be some cases that come out for the phone here shortly.

Zorachus

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
I am in Chicago area on Sprint. Their 3G network just blows. Like 100k/sec hard to even watch a simple YouTube video without it loading in the middle of it. Plus Sprint seems very bad indoors.

If ATT is better in Chicago burbs will jump on this Galaxy S 2. I like this size better its close to international version. The 4.5" Sprint device is just too large and low Res for that size.

Jefstead

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
I am in Chicago area on Sprint. Their 3G network just blows. Like 100k/sec hard to even watch a simple YouTube video without it loading in the middle of it. Plus Sprint seems very bad indoors.

If ATT is better in Chicago burbs will jump on this Galaxy S 2. I like this size better its close to international version. The 4.5" Sprint device is just too large and low Res for that size.

In my experience, AT&T has much better data speeds in the west and northwest suburbs. I bought the Sprint version of the GS2 last Friday and ended up taking it back Sunday morning because of the really poor data speeds on Sprint in the Lincolnshire-Barrington areas.

VERY excited for 10/2 and the AT&T version because the GS2 was amazing for the short time I had it!

Zorachus

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
Well if I get the ATT Galaxy S 2, does it use the SIM card thing ? And if so, lets say I also want to play around with an new iPhone5. Is it possible to just pull the SIM card and switch back and forth between the two phones on the same phone # ?

Beezzy

May 31, 2010
Visit site
In my experience, AT&T has much better data speeds in the west and northwest suburbs. I bought the Sprint version of the GS2 last Friday and ended up taking it back Sunday morning because of the really poor data speeds on Sprint in the Lincolnshire-Barrington areas.

VERY excited for 10/2 and the AT&T version because the GS2 was amazing for the short time I had it!

I live in the NW Subs and work in Niles. I get 4G all day here and 3G speeds are ok and the 4G is pretty consistant

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

tewest86

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
good find jemcmichael

but damn....with the Apple announcement on the 4th, this sort of delay will definitely affect the sale of this phone.

Apple never said they had an announcement on the 4th. That's just a rumor. Unless it comes from the mouth of Apple it's all rumors. Apple is very secretive.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Well if I get the ATT Galaxy S 2, does it use the SIM card thing ? And if so, lets say I also want to play around with an new iPhone5. Is it possible to just pull the SIM card and switch back and forth between the two phones on the same phone # ?

Different data plans and the iphone 4 before used a micro sim. You can get an adapter but a hassel. Also if you are not already you need to be changed to hspa+ data plan for 4g phones for ATT.

Last edited:

mpazevedo

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site

Yes the AT&T Galaxy S II does have the SIM card, but you will not be able to simply transfer it to an iPhone 4 of 5 for that matter since Apple loves to change things around. The SIM card on these phones are smaller. You can cut it to accept it in the iPhone, just search Youtube on how to do it, but you will not be able to put it back on the SGSII because it will be small.

Samuri65

May 31, 2011
Visit site
Regarding the Apple release.
This comes from Fox News...

Apple was expected to hold its next big media event on Oct. 4, where the tech giant was set to unveil the next iteration of its popular iPhone, AllThingsDigital reported Wednesday, citing sources close to the situation.

Although Apple could change its plans at any time, sources said the date was selected by the Cupertino, Calif.-based company to showcase the iPhone 5.

tewest86

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
That's still all speculation till Apple says it. Go to tipb.com and see how many rumors there are for this event. It's so many dates flowing around. It doesnt matter what acid says. They got it from an unconfirmed source. This is just like thing that went on about the GS2 release date. Att never said the 18th. A website said it and everyone ran with is. When Apple says it then it's true.