Switching from Iphone 3G to SGS2

travis442

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
So I'm going to make the switch from my current Iphone 3g to the Galaxy S2, my question is am I going to be able to keep my unlimited data plan or are they going to want to make me switch plans?

frmorrison

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
You can keep your unlimited plan, just you have to make sure they don't switch you to the limited plans when you buy the new phone.

bake

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Just the names, the iPhone data plan is called just that, and the data for any other phone is called a "smartphone data plan"

bake

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Pretty much, I've done it a couple times and they make it easy. It just changes that one thing. The main difference between the two plans is the visual voicemail on the iPhone plan.

modr0010

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
Pretty much, I've done it a couple times and they make it easy. It just changes that one thing. The main difference between the two plans is the visual voicemail on the iPhone plan.

I'll also be new to Android, does gingerbread not support visual voicemail?

bake

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Not unless you use Gtalk. Even then its different than the iPhone's version of "visual voicemail" Out of the gate you will just have standard voicemail that all other phones have. (call the number and get your messages)

mpazevedo

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Awesome, thanks for the link.

I think I might just print that off and take with me when I go to get my phone so I don't even have to worry about the possibility of them trying to argue with me.

LOL, that is funny, I was thinking of the same idea. You know how these guys are, since they don't know anything about anything about their job.

Dr Triffid

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
There are a few visual voicemail apps available. My favorite is PhoneFusion's Visual Voicemail Plus. Hullomail isn't bad, either.

Rhino79

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
From a legal standpoint, AT&T isn't contractually obligated to provide you with unlimited data once your initial two-year agreement expires. When you sign a new two-year agreement, you are entering into a new contract with new terms. However, AT&T's current policy is to let you keep unlimited data if you had it before.

jSiLeNt619

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Ok I have a question. So I currently have an iPhone 3Gs and I'm planning on getting the Galaxy S II. So my question is, do I have to pay extra to get 4G service?