bangnbounce

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
So im def getting this phone! You guys know of any good cases for it? I think it would be neat to have one with a built in kickstand. If yall have any good cases youve found, post em here!!! I wanna check them all out!!1

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
I haven't seen any yet. All the cases that I have located online are for the international version and I am not sure that the at&t models shares the same dimensions.

mpazevedo

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
The AT&T phone is a little bit thicker to account for the thicker battery which contains the NFC. I will hate to put a case on this one because it looks so good without one. Will have to get one of those slim ones when they come out or just a bumper case like the iPhone 4 have.

bangnbounce

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
It is a shame to put a case on it, but at this point in my life it is a necessity. No matter how careful I am I know I will --- eventually, drop, bobble, or possibly sit on it. With such a thin precious device as the SII, I'm not taking that chance. Maybe I will keep it case free while in my home, then put its armor on when I take it to the bar. :)

bake

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I knew it was thicker, but didn't know it was taller. Interesting. That case claims to be for the i777 though.

mpazevedo

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Ok this is from phone arena website. The International version specs : 125.3 x 66.1 x 8.49 mm
AT&T version : 126 x 66 x 9 mm. You might be able to squeeze it in hopefully. I think I might have to wait till for the casemate versions or Samsung's own, though I haven't seen them. One thing to think about is you have to take the case off for the desktop mount or the car mount. No big deal for the most part unless you get one of those titanium cases that look but ugly. Not worthy for a nice looking phone.
Samsung Galaxy S II specs

http://www.phonearena.com/phones/Samsung-Galaxy-S-II-AT-T_id5639

Last edited:

Mr_Armageddon

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
I have already purchased two cases for the International version of the Galaxy S II in hopes that they will work with the AT&T version. Picked up the Incipio NGP semi-rigid case, and some other cheap TPU skin case from Amazon.

Hopefully the 0.4mm won't make a difference. If it does, I will probably just pick up the BodyGlove Mirage cases that AT&T sells at their stores. I have one on my Captivate, and one on the wife's Infuse, and they are great cases. Will report back once I pick mine up.

MarkPharaoh

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
It is a shame to put a case on it, but at this point in my life it is a necessity. No matter how careful I am I know I will --- eventually, drop, bobble, or possibly sit on it. With such a thin precious device as the SII, I'm not taking that chance. Maybe I will keep it case free while in my home, then put its armor on when I take it to the bar. :)

I dropped my Inspire on the kitchen floor. Twice. Your device isn't safe in your home!!

mpazevedo

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
I know that casemate one says AT&T i777 Version but it says it also fits the International version how is that possible?

I would be cautious if it says it works for both. You could probably squeeze it to fit, but the AT&T version is slightly thicker and longer.