mixed reviews on battery life

m.vasquez009

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
does anybody have a pretty good general idea how battery life will be on this phone??? i have read in alot of reviews that this phone can get pretty good battery life (12-13 hrs) with moderate to some heavy use which i am pleased with, but at the same time i have heard ppl say that this phone has terrible battery life and will only last about 5 hours...so im just wondering what the real answer is and if anybody can help re assure me of the true battery life

UK_Alum_02

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
I haven't read or seen much other than the Sprint folks on this board are happy for the most part. Of course the Sprint phone has a bigger battery doesn't it?

Emcee

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
I haven't read or seen much other than the Sprint folks on this board are happy for the most part. Of course the Sprint phone has a bigger battery doesn't it?

And a bigger screen and LTE. From what I've read, the battery life is overall great.

MarkPharaoh

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
The phone isn't even out yet, so no, we don't really know about the battery life. Can only estimate based on previously released models.

timberga

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I'm a bit worried about battery life coming from an iphone 4.....especially when phone arenas review said they "wanted more battery life" from this model....

mpazevedo

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm a bit worried about battery life coming from an iphone 4.....especially when phone arenas review said they "wanted more battery life" from this model....

Look at the current Slashgear review. The reviewer had it for a week and stated, "From using this smartphone over the past week or so the battery lasts a bit longer than most." & "Many reviewers of the original SGSII from Europe mentioned similar results where the SGSII battery life seems to outmatch rivaling handsets." "This could be in part to changes made by Samsung, and another thing worth mentioning is the highly efficient AMOLED display, it seems to consume less power and really helps." and lastly "Stand-by time was not fully tested but I left the device untouched for over 3 days and it remained around 25% when I finally plugged her in. While I?ve not done any video loop tests I have however played plenty of Angry Birds, Fruit Ninja, used Google+ allll day, and browsed the web off and on throughout daily tasks and the phone holds up extremely well in the battery department. The Galaxy S II battery life is above average and will last most users more than the average work day."

One thing, everyone needs to do, is charge the phone when you go to bed. It just makes since. For me, I'm buying the stand with the free extra battery.

Samsung Galaxy S II Review [AT&T] - SlashGear

Galaxy SII, available at AT&T i777 Spare Battery Charging System | Samsung Mobile

Reactions: H_D

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
I am just in hope that the Galaxy S2 battery lasts longer than the Infuse 4g ... That phone had terrible battery life for my usage patterns.

mpazevedo

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
I am just in hope that the Galaxy S2 battery lasts longer than the Infuse 4g ... That phone had terrible battery life for my usage patterns.

I don't know, it must just be me, coming out of an iPhone 3GS, the battery life on that phone has been decreasing a lot. I have no way of replacing it myself. Getting a user replaceable phone, for me it just makes since just to get an extra battery. I know we all have this expectation that these phones need to last all day, but come on, first and for most it is a phone. It's a mini super computer. It does a lot of cool things in a nice small package. Most of my usage I'll have WiFi in the area, so that takes less juice. So yes, it will depend on your usage patterns. But I do second that.

mpazevedo

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site

That's a funny quote, they "wanted more battery life". Who doesn't, then it would not be a Galaxy S II with it's thinness. Then it would be a Droid Bionic or some other phone that can't last 8 hours. Another quote I thought was funny was, "it?s going to be something that will require nightly charges". Really? Is that so tough to do? Takes two seconds for me. One end is already plugged in. :) I don't know how the battery life on the iPhone 4 is, my 3GS is really not making the day if I use the internet for a couple of hours. I can tell that its life is coming to an end this Sunday. :D It's Dual-core and Super Amoled display actually saves on battery.

timberga

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I guess I'm just used to the excellent battery life of the iphone 4.....everything before the iphone 4 from apple was sub-par with regard to daily battery life. When I got the iphone 4 I didn't have to worry or think about how much battery life I had remaining each day. I'm totally fine charging nightly, so I'm hoping the GSII gets me approximately what my iphone 4 gave me battery life wise.

haison

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
The battery life I get out of my international version varies between 5 to 14 hours. 5 hours if I am playing Pocket League Legend or 14 hours during normal use. If you want more battery life like the iPhone, just turn off all the data syncing, GPS, and WiFi. Everyone's mileage may vary.

timberga

May 19, 2010
Visit site
The battery life I get out of my international version varies between 5 to 14 hours. 5 hours if I am playing Pocket League Legend or 14 hours during normal use. If you want more battery life like the iPhone, just turn off all the data syncing, GPS, and WiFi. Everyone's mileage may vary.

Gotta leave GPS on....use 4SQ too often to deal with on/off/on...and will leave data sync on too.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
If you have to leave sync off to help the battery life, the battery does not have enough battery life in my opinion. Does the SGS II have a toggle to turn off HSPA+ and just go on EDGE if needed? I can see turning off when not needed to save battery life.

timberga

May 19, 2010
Visit site
mobiletechreview said, "The only drawback? Battery life with the stock 1650 mAh battery isn't so good. Get a spare battery, you'll need it."......DISLIKE....kinda worried.

bake

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I've heard that, but if that was that "Lisa" then she didn't know a lot anyway. I think it'll be fine regardless.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicos18