Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree21Likes

Default Re: 25 Reasons to Consider the AT&T Galaxy S II

Quote Originally Posted by nonie View Post
    If i understand, the skyrocket is att version of the gs2, is that right?

How is your off contract phone working?

I also want one that I can use my sim card in that is not on contract.

But on another forum, there are so many people having problems, I'm undecided if i should buy or not.
    Amazon has unlocked att ones without contract, but lots of $$,
    Just trying to figure the pros and cons.

Thanks for anyones help.
    I loved my AT&T Galaxy S II but realized I prefer my iPhone more, mostly because of the amazing support I have with it with my stereo.

The AT&T Galaxy S II (NOT SKYROCKET) works very well out of the box. I highly advise you NOT to upgrade to the latest 2.3.6 firmware. If you want a rock solid and very stable rom, I recommend UnNamed Rom 2.2.1. However, if you have AT&T LTE in your area and phone performance isn't that important to you, you might want to consider the SkyRocket.

Though in my opinion the original Galaxy S II wins hands down.
    Thanked by:
    nonie 

thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by nonie View Post
    If i understand, the skyrocket is att version of the gs2, is that right?

How is your off contract phone working?

I also want one that I can use my sim card in that is not on contract.

But on another forum, there are so many people having problems, I'm undecided if i should buy or not.
    Amazon has unlocked att ones without contract, but lots of $$,
    Just trying to figure the pros and cons.

Thanks for anyones help.
    the Skyrocket (SGH-i727) is the LTE version of the Samsung Galaxy S II... AT&T also sells a non LTE version called the Samsung Galaxy S II (it is listed as 4G because it supports HSPA+ but NOT LTE) the model number for that one is the SGH-i777
    Thanked by:
    nonie 

Quote Originally Posted by ads View Post
    Will probably get this if the Galaxy Nexus doesn't come to AT&T. Any more word on NFC? Rumored timing on ICS?
    ADS
    same boat, but i'd give plenty of time to first buyers to see some of the vzw nexus bugs worked out. the SII with ICS could be nice. but there are others coming... just not sure i can wait. my old iP is killing me.

i bet an ICS timeframe will be published within a few days of CES closing if not before.

also, I'm hoping and kind of expecting the SII to drop in price by Feb. i also saw the AT&T SII at Walmart for just $99.
    Last edited by zero.; 01-09-2012 at 10:34 PM.

Yes , I'm also hoping the price will come down, if newer ones are coming out soon, I'm looking at one on Amazon unlocked without contract.Its att.
    Decisions, decisions. Lol.

Was just looking on Amazon, they went up on it, not down. Lol

Any suggestions on others places to buy unlocked att without contract? At good prices in USA?
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #32  

Quote Originally Posted by ads View Post
    Will probably get this if the Galaxy Nexus doesn't come to AT&T. Any more word on NFC? Rumored timing on ICS?
    ADS
    The Skyrocket HD that was announced this week is basically the Galaxy Nexus for AT&T.
    Milo
    ← Tap Getting Started at the top of any page for help with:
    - Settings - Email - Backup Everything - Phone - Messaging - Music & Photo Sync
    - Keyboards Folders - Favorite Apps - Extending Battery Life - My Avatar
    - iPhone User's Guide to Android - (Palm) - Tablet & Phone Comparison - Epic4GT - ATT - TM
    If this helped, please click Thanks & Like↓

Eligible for an upgrade now. Have been eyeing the Skyrocket HD or the One XL, but I won't have LTE in my area for years and worry about the battery life of LTE and the initial cost of a brand new flagship device.

However, I currently have an HTC Aria which got outdated very quickly, and I don't want to make the same mistake with my next phone. Is the SGSII still a potent option? Do these "25 reasons" still hold true?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12