25 Reasons to Consider the AT&T Galaxy S II

rich.x87

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
I just love my SGII. I thought that I wouldn't like Samsung phones for their plastic components (I'm coming from the HTC family), but I just love this beast.
There is a lot of features I didn't know until reading this post. And by doing it, I just feel like buying a spare one. :p

anon(123479)

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I can't wait till my SGS2 gets here. I've always wanted this phone. Was looking at the skyrocket, but heard the qualcomm chipset was not up to par as with the SGS2 chipset.

ads

Jan 8, 2010
Visit site
Will probably get this if the Galaxy Nexus doesn't come to AT&T. Any more word on NFC? Rumored timing on ICS?
ADS

MattMJB0188

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I'll be picking this up tomorrow off-contract. I was going to get the Skyrocket but the processor blew it for me. I watched several reviews and saw some lag and stuttering whereas with this version everything seemed so fluid and smooth. A major deal breaker for me. Besides the fact that this will get Ice Cream Sandwich greatly influenced my decision.

nonie

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
If i understand, the skyrocket is att version of the gs2, is that right?

How is your off contract phone working?

I also want one that I can use my sim card in that is not on contract.

But on another forum, there are so many people having problems, I'm undecided if i should buy or not.
Amazon has unlocked att ones without contract, but lots of $$,
Just trying to figure the pros and cons.

Thanks for anyones help.

MattMJB0188

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site

But on another forum, there are so many people having problems, I'm undecided if i should buy or not.

Thanks for anyones help.

I loved my AT&T Galaxy S II but realized I prefer my iPhone more, mostly because of the amazing support I have with it with my stereo.

The AT&T Galaxy S II (NOT SKYROCKET) works very well out of the box. I highly advise you NOT to upgrade to the latest 2.3.6 firmware. If you want a rock solid and very stable rom, I recommend UnNamed Rom 2.2.1. However, if you have AT&T LTE in your area and phone performance isn't that important to you, you might want to consider the SkyRocket.

Though in my opinion the original Galaxy S II wins hands down.

Reactions: nonie

werds

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site

Thanks for anyones help.

the Skyrocket (SGH-i727) is the LTE version of the Samsung Galaxy S II... AT&T also sells a non LTE version called the Samsung Galaxy S II (it is listed as 4G because it supports HSPA+ but NOT LTE) the model number for that one is the SGH-i777

Reactions: nonie

zero.

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
Will probably get this if the Galaxy Nexus doesn't come to AT&T. Any more word on NFC? Rumored timing on ICS?
ADS

same boat, but i'd give plenty of time to first buyers to see some of the vzw nexus bugs worked out. the SII with ICS could be nice. but there are others coming... just not sure i can wait. my old iP is killing me.

i bet an ICS timeframe will be published within a few days of CES closing if not before.

also, I'm hoping and kind of expecting the SII to drop in price by Feb. i also saw the AT&T SII at Walmart for just $99.

Last edited:

nonie

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Yes , I'm also hoping the price will come down, if newer ones are coming out soon, I'm looking at one on Amazon unlocked without contract.Its att.
Decisions, decisions. Lol.

nonie

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Was just looking on Amazon, they went up on it, not down. Lol

Any suggestions on others places to buy unlocked att without contract? At good prices in USA?

whitenack

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Eligible for an upgrade now. Have been eyeing the Skyrocket HD or the One XL, but I won't have LTE in my area for years and worry about the battery life of LTE and the initial cost of a brand new flagship device.

However, I currently have an HTC Aria which got outdated very quickly, and I don't want to make the same mistake with my next phone. Is the SGSII still a potent option? Do these "25 reasons" still hold true?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2