AT&T vs Best Buy vs Walmart

TBayTom

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
Hi Guys,

I'm going to buy the new Samsung Galaxy S II this Sunday, and I'm debating which store I should buy from. That is, if Best Buy or Walmart has them in stock Sunday.

I usually go ahead and buy my phone from AT&T in order to get the year warranty replacement service that they offer. If anything happens with my phone they replace it free of charge at a local service center. Now, I'm starting to hear about services that Best Buy and Walmart currently provide. Anyone know what the key differences between buying at AT&T directly and Best Buy/Walmart (besides price differences)?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

ChrisM47

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
just curious if I went to my 24hr Wal-Mart at midnight on Sunday would I be able to get the phone lol.

I CAN'T WAIT ANY LONGER

bake

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure. But none of them will know it as an Attain. It is called a Galaxy S II (2). Attain was just a speculated name that never came to be.

Reactions: TBayTom

LazrRocketArm

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
I can tell you Walmart can be a hassle. Just because they are an indirect link to ATT. My wife got her iPhone upgrade(White i4) at Walmart, and it took an hour and a half. Our issue was with the grandfathered unlimited plan. Spent about 45 minutes on phone with ATT.

They can be much cheaper though

Reactions: mpazevedo

TBayTom

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
I can tell you Walmart can be a hassle. Just because they are an indirect link to ATT. My wife got her iPhone upgrade(White i4) at Walmart, and it took an hour and a half. Our issue was with the grandfathered unlimited plan. Spent about 45 minutes on phone with ATT.

They can be much cheaper though

Right, that is what I've come to expect from anything associated with Walmart these days lol. For each provider, I'm thinking along the lines of replacing a broken phone, giving you a phone to use while your phone is being replaced, etc...

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I bought my last phone from Costco and had an issue with my unlimited data plan and required several a calls to ATT support to get fixed.

Anyone had the same issue with Best Buy? I may stick with AT&T store for that reason. I already have the HSPA+ unlimited data plan due to having the Atrix. I just need to pop my sim card in the SGS II and go!

boondoc

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
i really wish bb or walmart would put up their prices already. geez. when they announced all the gs2's walmart had it's prices up a day or two later for the Epic Touch

Last edited:

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
i really wish bb or walmart would put up their prices already. geez. when they announced all the gs2's walmart had it's prices up a day or two later

I am confused. You mentioned Walmart as having the price and also not having the price?

boondoc

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
Wasn't the price for bb already discussed? It's $199 on contract or $649 unsubsidized.
i recall someone saying that they paid $649 for it from best buy which made no sense to me since it's $100 cheaper from ATT but i don't remember him saying that he found out what the on contract price would be

edit: so i just went and looked at @bestbuymobile and they do indeed say they're going to be selling on contract for $199. well... here's hoping Walmart gives us a better offer

Last edited:

pairenoid

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
if im renewing and usin my free upgrade which would you guys prefer
best buy or att

i just called att and i know they wil have it, but about about store warranty

didnt someone mention att has a 1 year warranty? is this free?

also, if im under a family plan do i have to go with the owner of the plan to use my free upgrade? i will be purchasing using my own money and i am guessing ill have to set up a seperate data plan on my own credit card