AT&T Oct. 2 Release: No inventory in the stores. Preorder only?

duncanator

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Re: AT&T Oct. 2 Release: No inventory in the stores. Preorder onl

I was told by a re-seller today that they will not be selling them in Sacramento until mid November because the area is not ready for it yet, whatever that means. Not sure if I believe him because they already sell the Infuse "4G" and he was still selling it for 179 (good luck). I suppose Amazon is always an option, but I am hoping he is wrong. I don't want to be tempted to stay with an iPhone.

iSlackerz

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site

I was told by a re-seller today that they will not be selling them in Sacramento until mid November because the area is not ready for it yet, whatever that means. Not sure if I believe him because they already sell the Infuse "4G" and he was still selling it for 179 (good luck). I suppose Amazon is always an option, but I am hoping he is wrong. I don't want to be tempted to stay with an iPhone.

I'm in the same area and I talked to a guy an AT&T store a few days ago. He told me they'll have "higher than usual staffing" tomorrow for the GS II launch. I don't know what that person was trying to sell you on, but you shouldn't have any issue getting one tomorrow.

GMJeff

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site

Although, I went into my AT&T store in Vallejo, a corporate store, and a lady told me that all of northern California would not have them tomorrow.

Fact or fiction?

Also checked with Best Buy in Vallejo and they told me that it wouldn't be selling with them until the 4th?

keoni34

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site

I called an AT&T store in Hawaii located in Sears and was told they had 5 of them. They open earlier @ 9:30 am:cool:
Very Happy!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Lomax

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site

FWIW. ATT in Waldorf Maryland (not the one in the mall, I didnt call them) has them in stock. The guy told me its $199 on contract, $550 no-commitment price and $199 + $250 if you are not eligible for upgrade. At that price, you may as well just pay the $550 and not have a 2yr commitment.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site

ATT Store in West Plano, (DFW) had at least 5. I was there to get a case on my corp discount and saw at least 5 getting their new SGSII's.

I got the case mate pop case in black/gray with kickstand for 26 with discount!

dewhite04

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

:mad: Nope. No stock. Went to two near 59. I'm disappointed.

No stock at my store on 290 @ Mangum, with some lame story about wanting to promote upcomming LTE devices in this market (cough, iphone 5, cough).

Did get one of the two devices at the Bestbuy up the street. Happily playing with my new toy this afternoon...

desitexan18

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site

^^ The only reason I did not get it from Best Buy was that I was unsure whether my unlimited data plan would get transferred or not. So i ordered it from AT&T website itself. I'm mad that i could have saved at least 50 bucks if i got it from Walmart or Amazon.

:mad:

bobsageek

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site

Tuttle Mall in Columbus, OH had 5, I was first in the door exchanging my Samsung Infuse, by time I left all 5 were gone. Knew it was a good day to get moving early. :cool:

dewhite04

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

^^ The only reason I did not get it from Best Buy was that I was unsure whether my unlimited data plan would get transferred or not. So i ordered it from AT&T website itself. I'm mad that i could have saved at least 50 bucks if i got it from Walmart or Amazon.

:mad:

The guy at Bestbuy was SHOCKINGLY helpful. He transfered the unlimited data plan, and actually pointed out that at my average usage, I should be on a cheaper minute plan. Saved me $20 /month.

I don't think I'll be back in an AT&T corporate store any time soon...

Nchaka

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site

I called Costco and they said they weren't getting them for a week and had no price info. Radio shack didn't have any and when I went to Best Buy to check it out, the manager said it wasn't out yet! I informed her that it was released today.
Does at&t want to sell this phone? Maybe Samsung isn't interested in selling it.
I didn't try my at&t store though.

desitexan18

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site

The guy at Bestbuy was SHOCKINGLY helpful. He transfered the unlimited data plan, and actually pointed out that at my average usage, I should be on a cheaper minute plan. Saved me $20 /month.

I don't think I'll be back in an AT&T corporate store any time soon...

Damn..should have tried a BB.

desitexan18

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site

I called Costco and they said they weren't getting them for a week and had no price info. Radio shack didn't have any and when I went to Best Buy to check it out, the manager said it wasn't out yet! I informed her that it was released today.
Does at&t want to sell this phone? Maybe Samsung isn't interested in selling it.
I didn't try my at&t store though.

Just order it from the ATT website. You should get it by Tuesday.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer