Ringtones and Notification Sounds on SGS-2 ATT

ItsaRaid

May 24, 2010
Visit site
Hoping to Find a "Android Expert" to advise me. I have had a nightmare experience with the Atrix. It is propbably one of the "Worst Phones Ive ever had". I migrated to Atrix from a Blackberry 9700, and Ringtones and Notification Sounds were assignable to almost everything and anything. The Atrix did not allow that, even with the GB 2.3.4 upgrade.

With the Samsung Galaxy S-2 Device can you add Notification sounds or alerts and ringtones, and assign different sounds to email, Text and instant messaging/Users?

Lastly is there a similar software package like the Blackberry Desktop Manager, (Only for Android) that allows simple back-up and restoration of email, contacts Text and other crucial info?

Has Samsung made any commitment regarding Android ICS for the Galaxy S-2?

Thank you in Advance

Last edited:

Baroka

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Not exactly an "Android expert" but I could assign different ringtones/alert for mails on my nexus one and even assign different led color for the trackpad so I believe one should likewise be able to do the same on the SGSII. Dont know precisely the app you are refering to but also believe you will find it or something similar in the android market.