att bloatware

gaijinboricua

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I removed most, so I can't recall the entire list. The ones that I couldn't remove where myAt&t, featured apps and the At&t navigator.
Other apps (non-At&t) that I dont use and couldnt remove: kies air, media hub, news & weather, allshare, social hub.

pairenoid

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
what is the reputation of the media hub
i got a free 25 dollar gift card and downloaded an episode of tosh.o for .01!!!! omg what a steal? its basically free
are there better apps for this type of business, maybe free app free shows?

glorifiedsins

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
I received that 25$ giftcard as well. Am I missing some long-term fee that will be incurred on my monthly bill later on? Still hoping someone can provide me with a list of what to get rid of.

jampyx

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
I agree that most of the at&t apps are bloatware but the other apps are pretty amazing and definatly not bloatware! Don't wipe out allshare, the hubs, and kies air till you at least properly and fully try them out. They make for a great experience with the phone. With the media hub, there are no hidden fees. Its no different than any other rental/purchase service out there. You pay for what you use/watch.

ChrisM47

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
I just found it funny it wouldn't let me delete the AT&T Bookmarks in the Web Browser.

Loaded up Kies Air and you can delete them from there... lol stupid AT&T

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I was surprised I could not remove facebook...I only noticed it after it automatically updated along with google books. I tried to delete both but could not. At least took them off of auto update.

78Staff

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
I was surprised I could not remove facebook...I only noticed it after it automatically updated along with google books. I tried to delete both but could not. At least took them off of auto update.

How to take app off auto update? I don;t see that option under applications menu?

EDIT - found it, for anyone else it's selectable in the Market App...uncheck allow automatic updates.

Sure wish I could just delete some of this crap though...

Last edited:

frankos72

Jun 20, 2010
www.pigstands.com
I want to remove three bloat too. I plan to root and install cm7 eventually. If I do the stock ROM with root will that make deleting the bloat simple? Is there an app I need to do it?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I want to remove three bloat too. I plan to root and install cm7 eventually. If I do the stock ROM with root will that make deleting the bloat simple? Is there an app I need to do it?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk

Once rooted I believe Titanium Backup can delete any app you want to delete.

theSaj

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
Went through support all the way until they got me a Samsung rep. They had me clear both cache and data for Internet app. This removed the AT&T bookmarks. Replaced them with a bunch of others, but they were deletable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome