Bluetooth Audio Quality

Indecisive

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else hook this baby up to a car stereo or whatnot yet? I'm very disappointed in its performance. Low end sounds are very poor, crackling, etc. Does anyone have a solution? Or is anyone having this problem? Coming from an iPhone 3gs....I love the SGS2, but this is a bit of a dealbreaker for me. I might switch to the iphone 5 here in a few days if I can't figure out a solution.

Indecisive

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
Hmm. I wonder if I have a defective unit, or I'm more of an audiophile than I thought. It sounds great for the high ends of music, but the second any low tones kick in on my mazda 3 integrated bluetooth, it without a doubt has crackling in the background :/

gizak

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Odd - try turning down the media volume on your phone as it's playing a little bit, then turn it up on the car's head unit. I know I've had issues in the past where the source output was too loud and would cause crackling on some device/hardware combinations.

Indecisive

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the tip. I thought the same thing but it seems that any combination of audible volume causes the irregularity.

MadArc30

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Hmm. I wonder if I have a defective unit, or I'm more of an audiophile than I thought. It sounds great for the high ends of music, but the second any low tones kick in on my mazda 3 integrated bluetooth, it without a doubt has crackling in the background :/

Hi new user here,

I just want to agree with your observation on the bluetooth audio, I also have a Mazda 3 with built in bluetooth and the Galaxy's bluetooth audio isn't very inspiring thus far. I'm coming from an IPhone 4 and the sound quality was much better when listening to music through bluetooth streaming. Anyone have ideas on how to improve the bluetooth audio performance on the Galaxy? Are there some settings I'm missing? I really love the new phone but this is quite a downer for me...

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Using in my Audi Q5 and it works well as far as connecting when I start the car and getting phonebook access etc. Was using my Atrix, which was solid. I have not noticed any quality issues but the SGSII does disconnect much more abruptly and more often than my Atrix ever did.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20