battery life drained like 2% over 7-8 hours?

pairenoid

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
i looked in the battery guide and i did everything, turned off apps i wont use/gps/bt/wifi/etc probably anything vital to battery life

at 1030 at night i unplugged it from my charger at 95% and woke at 7 20 with 93%, that sound possible? im not sure maybe it was 97% but it most certainly was not 100%

i used it heavily the first day and after 7 hours it was at yellow battery life, today im going to work and i plan on using a realistic moderate use, checking fb here n there, web browsing here n there, playing apps during break

whats defined as moderate to reviewers? i dont know maybe what im going to be doing is classified as light

also the screen is pretty low i think it came like that but if not its prob im guessing 30%? maybe 25? down there..

bake

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
So, are you upset about losing 2% over the course of 8 hours? I'm not exactly seeing a problem with that...

Mr.Gadget

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
i looked in the battery guide and i did everything, turned off apps i wont use/gps/bt/wifi/etc probably anything vital to battery life

at 1030 at night i unplugged it from my charger at 95% and woke at 7 20 with 93%, that sound possible? im not sure maybe it was 97% but it most certainly was not 100%

i used it heavily the first day and after 7 hours it was at yellow battery life, today im going to work and i plan on using a realistic moderate use, checking fb here n there, web browsing here n there, playing apps during break

whats defined as moderate to reviewers? i dont know maybe what im going to be doing is classified as light

also the screen is pretty low i think it came like that but if not its prob im guessing 30%? maybe 25? down there..

Yeah, it will rarely read "100%" on a full battery, at least on my previous devices. That is normal and is somewhat of a safety net for the battery. I agree that 2 to 3 percent after 7 hours of essentially sitting there is pretty good.
My Infuse battery life is really bad, but my last phone, the HTC EVO 3D, had really good life. Not sure what it is with the Infuse but I cannot go a partial day, even with absolute minimal use, without going to red on the battery. Part of it, I believe, is the way the Infuse polls for email on my Exchange account (push mode). We'll see how the new one compares.
Additionally, it may take a day or two of charge/discharge to get to the optimal battery life although I'm not sure it is as significant as it used to be even a couple years ago.

semyri

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
yea, i had mine charging for like 30 mins and it didn't charge that much.

It seems like it needs to charge a lot to get the battery to move at all.

pairenoid

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
i was just happy n seeing if all the tweaking helped, weird how it doesnt say 100% though maybe i lost 7 % instead of 2-4% but still 1% per hour is pretty standard? basically what i should of asked

ricktat

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
9 hours into the day and still at 90%.
I haven't made a ton of calls but have been pushing buttons, downloading apps, and playing with the internet more than normal.

bake

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Mine is actually at 64% but I'm very happy with it so far. I've sent quite a few messages today, so those clearly don't take much of a toll on it.
SC20111003-164108.png

pairenoid

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
3.30 hours in and im at 73

less than 5 minutes of total gaming
checked fb couple times
checked market
dled 1 app
one thing to note is i have horrible reception, how come you have way better battery life than me using calls when i didnt even call?!

runtohell121

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
6 hours and 25 minute 64% left..

Ran a few speed test, texted people, browsed internet for like 10 min, facebook status update, etc..

ChrisM47

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
is mine broken? When I got it yesterday I couldn't exactly go home right away so I did play with it a little bit while running around stores and watching the football game at my brothers house.

Got it home charged it all night was at 7% when It started charging.

Unplugged it at 1pm EST because yes that is when I wokeup and around 4:30-5pm it starts asking for a charge and beeping?

I mean I admit I customized with it played around with kiesair for like 5min downloaded apps made like 3 calls but it's asking to be charged already and is @ 4%..........??!?

Is this normal.... I've never been a power user my iPhone 3G which I had previously would last be like 1 to almost 2 days......

VZKly.png

runtohell121

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
9h 52m 8s on battery, about 40% left
44% Display
25% Android OS
15% Web
4% Call standby
3% Android System
3% Speed Test
3% Facebook