1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Touchwiz questions

So far, I am loving the phone! Only problems I am having is with TouchWiz itself.

Is there any way to change the dock icons or shortcuts? I hate having the messages app there as I am currently only using Handcent. Seems stupid to have to icons for messaging on my homescreen.

I tried launcherpro, and it really is what I want. However, it really is killing the performance of the phone.

Does anyone know a way to do this?

Default Re: Touchwiz questions

You should be able to switch them when you are in the app draw and editing. You should be able to just drag a new icon to the dock without any issue.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by nybmx View Post
    You should be able to switch them when you are in the app draw and editing. You should be able to just drag a new icon to the dock without any issue.

New to android, going to need you to be a little more specific

Sorry

Global Posts
    14 Global Posts

Tap Applications --> Menu --> View Type --> Customizable Grid then press Menu --> Edit and you should be able to drag any application shortcut you want to the dock.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by JSRunning View Post
    Tap Applications --> Menu --> View Type --> Customizable Grid then press Menu --> Edit and you should be able to drag any application shortcut you want to the dock.
    Worked like a charm! Never would have gotten that by myself! Now, if only there was a way to get 5 apps down there!

Thank you so much man.

Global Posts
    14 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gaveup View Post
    Worked like a charm! Never would have gotten that by myself! Now, if only there was a way to get 5 apps down there!
    Look into ADW.Launcher, I used to use it on my Infuse and it lets you throw down 5 apps in the dock. I haven't installed it on my SGS2 yet, as I haven't felt the need due to the better way that Gingerbread handles notification icons.

Quote Originally Posted by gaveup View Post
    Thank you so much man.
    Anytime! Glad I could help and do better about being such a lurker.