GSII wifi signal strength

spivaki

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
Can somebody, please post here about wifi signal strength compared to known good wifi performers such as iPhone 3gs, etc.

lilo777

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
It's just the way SGSII shows the signal. There is no problems there. Here is a quote from Anandtech.com review:

There?s something deceptive about this however, and it?s that although Samsung has chosen to go the usual compressed-dynamic-range route with cellular bars, the WLAN bars seem to be more linearized. Thus where I?m used to seeing every other smartphone show max (until you?re right about to fall off), the SGS2 actually doesn?t lie to me and shows fewer bars. Until I ran around and looked at RSSI in dBm, I suspected SGS2 had WLAN sensitivity issues where there don?t appear to be any.

For more details, check the full review here.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
I can confirm that wifi performance is the same as any other phone. Download Mobile Signal Widget and check for yourself. It'll give you the value in dBm. Lower numbers are better.

spivaki

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
I am coming from the miserable wifi experience with my Infuse 4G and assuming that they are sharing the same wifi radio. Infuse is dropping the signal strength with every step away from the the router and almost loosing the signal in the far corner of the house when iphone 3gs is still doing very good. It's not only the mater of bars, but it's also supported by the speedtest performance. I appreciate your inspiring information, as I will be using wifi being at some locations.

glorifiedsins

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
A lot of people have complained about the gs2's wifi signal. If you Google it you'll find a lot of different posts on it. Not sure if a radio fix is needed or will come. On a personal note I've had no problems with mine but if you keep your hand off the bottom of your phone (I rest my fingers on my right hand on the back and grip with my left when typing with both thumbs as the phone is turned sideways) you'll notice a slight increase in reception. For me it goes up a whole bar sometimes.

BOSSY TEXAS CHICK

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Re: hmmmmmmm

Just a thought for those that see their wi-fi signal dropping to one bar.

Mine does it too when i am wayyyy in the back of my house furthest from my router, my SGS II shows only one puny bar (and its not even a "bar" its the "lowest rung on the signal, just the bottom dot"....)

BUT what i noticed on mine is if i go to the Internet when its barely showing this "dot", it doesn't seem to affect the speed of my Internet pages loading, they load quick and with no issues, so i'm wondering if the problem is more with the "indicator" than with the actual wifi signal the phone is actually receiving..... (if that makes any sense : )

BTC

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12