any nifty tricks youve discovered

dmcincubus

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
I'm sure most know about the screen cap feature and the nifty zoom in/out feature while browsing the internet, but is there anything else you savy users have discovered?

Just curious if I've missed anything that this phone does that the captivate didn't do.

jflexe99

Droids!
Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Yes the screen shot on stock form is pretty nifty.

Just turn on voice search/command and talk to it. Messaging is WAY easier on this and much quicker to analyze it. Search weather, play music, look up movie tickets all voice commands. Sure it leads you to google, but is so nice to just hold the search button and be able to do almost anything from there, instead of typing it all out!

Oh and for you people who enjoy the new speaker and play music, which I must say is very loud and pretty darn good. If you leave the screen on and flip it upside down, it will mute/stop the music. That is if you have the flip to mute option on for phone calls. Have to turn the screen off and then you can flip it upside down.

I missed my panorama photos!!!

bake

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
If you pinch on either the home screen or app drawer it will bring up an expanded view of all of them for you to pick from.

ChrisM47

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
Was pretty interested in this one I found but it doesn't seem to work on the AT&T version or something or I just can't get it to work. When I select Audio nothing happens.

I found the incall volume to be a little low. When you max out the volume using the volume button it actually only goes to a default setting of 87 out of 100. If you would like to change the default settings here is what you need to do.
call this number *#*#197328640#*#*
This will open the service mode menu.
choose option [5] AUDIO
choose option [1] (VOICE CALL)
choose option [1] HANDSET
choose option [1] Volume
choose option [1] SRC Speech RX Volume
choose option [5] 5_lvl : 87
press the menu button (left side)
choose Key Input
enter a value between 0 and 100, I choose 100 the loudest setting.
press ok
now press the menu button and select back this should save (don't use the right side back key you normally use to navigate the phone or you will quit out of the settings) keep hitting the menu and back until you leave the service mode menu.
You will also note you can change volume settings for other things like bluetooth, head sets, video call etc.

Average Joe 6Pack

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
I found the incall volume to be a little low. When you max out the volume using the volume button it actually only goes to a default setting of 87 out of 100. If you would like to change the default settings here is what you need to do.
call this number *#*#197328640#*#*
This will open the service mode menu.
choose option [5] AUDIO
choose option [1] (VOICE CALL)
choose option [1] HANDSET
choose option [1] Volume
choose option [1] SRC Speech RX Volume
choose option [5] 5_lvl : 87
press the menu button (left side)
choose Key Input
enter a value between 0 and 100, I choose 100 the loudest setting.
press ok
now press the menu button and select back this should save (don't use the right side back key you normally use to navigate the phone or you will quit out of the settings) keep hitting the menu and back until you leave the service mode menu.
You will also note you can change volume settings for other things like bluetooth, head sets, video call etc.

Was pretty interested in this one I found but it doesn't seem to work on the AT&T version or something or I just can't get it to work. When I select Audio nothing happens.
Anyone got a work-around for this?

barbo

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
is there a way to set one of those physical button as a camera button?

One way I know (there may well be others) is to root and flash the UnNamed ROM. The voume buttons turn into shutter. You can hold to focus and let go to take picture OR just click to auto focus and take picture in one move. It removes the volume keys for zooming though - you need to use pinch to zoom instead.

Sean Row

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Try this one put your bluetooth on and thenn shake the phone to scan for devices ,also if ur getting a incoming call you can flip the phone upside down it will mute the ringtone

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital