Skype Video call on AT&T SGS2?

Curado

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Its not available on the market place app. I searched online and found that one unverified app and tried that which said it worked for SGs2 but it was dated back in august so im assuming it was for the euro version.

Anyone have any luck yet on gettin this work?

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
It's on the market, just search "Skype" and download it. I haven't used it on my Epic 4G Touch though. I have however used Google Talk which works great, and you can video chat with Apple devices if they have Vtok installed. Still, Skype is there and should support video chat on AT&T's variant.

Curado

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I did. Its not available on the market place app. I have downloaded, updated, uninstalled, repeat etc. Its not available when you go to make a call.

Emcee

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
I've definitely used it. Go to your contacts in Skype, click on the contact you want, then hit "video call." It's under the normal call option.

Curado

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I've definitely used it. Go to your contacts in Skype, click on the contact you want, then hit "video call." It's under the normal call option.

That's what I'm saying...the option is not there just call and send message. I have most recent version of Skype

Baroka

May 16, 2011
Visit site
That's what I'm saying...the option is not there just call and send message. I have most recent version of Skype

When in skype, go to the settings and enable video call, it will give a message that it has not been verified if it is compatible with SGS2 however just continue and the video call option will be there. Made a video call already so I know it works.

Curado

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
pardon my ignorance. This is my first smart phone so im pretty new to all of this. I keep forgetting the bottom left touch button opens more options. I was in skype searching all around for different options within the UI, also assuming that the make video call would automatically show up.

Found it though! Thanks guys!

side note, really glad I chose the S2. Was waiting to see what I liked more, this or the next iphone. Took a leap of faith and went with this before the tuesday announcement. Extremely pleased to say the least. Really glad not supporting apple either since Im a firm believer that Android is much more "user Oriented" rather than "company oriented".

Have had this phone since tuesday, probably played with it a good solid ten hours now...feel like I have only scratched the surface. Finding new things constantly.

wildcard30

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
A lot of us previous iPhone users are breathing a sigh of relief because we went with the SGS2 instead of waiting for the announcement I know I am at least.

Strawdawg

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
When I tried the Skype test video call on it, it worked, but...

I see two pictures of myself on it. One at the bottom and another one beside the street scene picture coming back from the test call.

Did this happen to you all as well?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seniorengineerdood