SOLVED Tried rooting for the first time, now no sound in calls...

Deenybird

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Could really use some help guys. I got my ATT galaxy s2. Followed the rooting instructions here: How to Root Samsung Galaxy SII (S2) Using Odin and SuperOneClick ? [Step-by-step Guide] | Inspired Geek

After rebooting I noticed that the back button and search button no longer worked, and i can't hear, or be heard on phone calls.

How can I revert back to stock and try this all over again?
Thanks for any help guys.

Edit:
Just tried this guide: [KERNEL] ClockworkMod Recovery 5.0.2.3 // Initramfs Template for Devs - xda-developers for installing CWM, but Odin just returns with 'fail'...

Also tried this thread: [Heimdall][Odin][Stock+Root]UCKH7 Stock kernel, rooted system, modem (aka Unbrick) - xda-developers

Update: Fixed the problem. Not quite sure how, but here's what I know...
Heimdall was telling me about a libusb error so I uninstalled and reinstalled keis. Heimdall still wouldn't accept the 480mb pda.tar (original firmware) file so I went back to odin. After a few false starts, odin was able to accept the GT-I9100_clockwork file. After that I tried the pda.tar file again and it installed. After a reboot all was back to normal.

Last edited:

tsj

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
Re: SOLVED Tried rooting for the first time, now no sound in call

I had the same problem hours after I purchased the phone. You flashed an AT&T S2 with an international ROM. Those roms are set up to work with the internation versions of the phone. They actually have a physical HOME key to work with. AT&T's S2 does not. Therefore your Back and Search keys will no longer respond. Also, you must Flash the new MODEM/PHONE module onto the phone; or else you will not get audio in phone calls (however, if you press numbers on the keypad, the reciever will be able to here them). I'm glad you got it all figured out though. I botched my first phone's binary then bricked it trying to get things back to normal.

Just remember: DO NOT FLASH AN AT&T S2 WITH AN INTERNATIONAL ROM! YOUR BACK AND SEARCH KEYS WILL NOT WORK! ... AND IF YOU DO: REFLASH THE STOCK PDA AND MODEM ROMS

jryananderson

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site

tsj- where can I find the stock pda and modem/phone roms to flash onto the phone?

Entropy

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site

See the first post - he linked to my unbrick/return-to-stock thread right there.

Or if you want to use an I9100 firmware, flash Hellraiser from CWM after flashing the firmware.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech