SMS and Exchange account mixed up

Jerry-O

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
My wife's SGS2 is having a strange problem. Everytime she receives an sms message it also appears in her exchange inbox with the number of the sender in the from box. If I delete the SMS thread it does not affect the copy in her inbox. It is almost like SMS is forwarding it to her exchange account. (It actually shows in outlook on her work PC as well) I didn't see any settings that would do something like this and my SGS2 does not have this problem.

Help

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S II using Tapatalk.

Jerry-O

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Worked like a charm. My exchange server does not support that feature so I would never have known to look there on her sgs2

Thanks

bibby687

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
My setting only give option to turn off "sync contacts, sync calendar, and sync tasks". What should I select?
Bibby687

In response to "Go into the account settings for the Exchange account on her phone, and turn off "SMS Sync" - that worked for me. "

Jerry-O

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
The option will only be there if your exchange server supports this feature. Are you getting your SMS delivered to your outlook mailbox

RalfL

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
At my Note 2 I had the choice to sync SMS or not only at first exchange setup, later on there is no checkbox in the Options

correction:

go to the exchange account - options- again choose the account, scroll 3 pages down, there is the checkbox

just found

RalfL

Kennyomar Garcia

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
For all those that can't find the SMS option. Try this

Go to your Accounts > Microsoft Exchange ActiveS.. > Settings > Pick your account > Scroll down to More Settings > Scroll down and uncheck "Sync text message"

Good luck!