lock screen security glitch

dmcincubus

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Does every phone have this problem? Mine does. Would there be an update to fix it?

For those who don't know what I'm talking about, of you have a passcode protected screen, let it sleep, hit the power button, and you'll see that the lock has disappeared.

Broheemster

May 5, 2010
Visit site
In the meantime go into location and security and then change your timeout to immediately. No more security issue if you don't mind putting in your password whenever the phone sits and dims. This is how I prefer to set my phone so its no biggie to me.

keoni34

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Another thing is that when turning on the Lock Screen you are no longer able to use your bluetooth headset. What I mean is that you cannot use VoiceCommand to dial your calls for you.

tunie

Phhhhbbbbtttt
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
I've only had my S2 for 1 1/2 weeks and this serious glitch is still there, with a little bit of a twist. If I let the phone time out and then hit the power button, the lock is gone. If I let it time out again, the lock is there if I wake it up. If I enter the pin and then put it to sleep again, the lock is gone when I wake it up. This really is a serious issue, in my view. Does anyone know when AT&T is going to fix this serious security issue?

stixho

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys I had the same problem.

I installed widgetlocker its exactly how it sounds, a lock screen that allows to to fully customize it with practically whatever you want!!!

Plus the timeout issue is not relevant, you can also maintain a lock pattern as well.

It's on the market for like $2.99, but I easily (within 10mins) found the .apk by searching using Google.

Hopefully that will help somebody. :)

tunie

Phhhhbbbbtttt
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Thanks! I'll grab it from the market and bill AT&T:) Seems unjust to have to install an app to make up for a security glitch on the phone. I'll call them tomorrow....

sdmark

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys I had the same problem.

I installed widgetlocker its exactly how it sounds, a lock screen that allows to to fully customize it with practically whatever you want!!!

Plus the timeout issue is not relevant, you can also maintain a lock pattern as well.

It's on the market for like $2.99, but I easily (within 10mins) found the .apk by searching using Google.

Hopefully that will help somebody. :)

I would recommend buying widgetlocker. the latest update is brilliant! I purchased it on amazon a while ago when I had a $2 credit. Amazon had problems with the update so I contact the dev - the dev is awesome!

tunie

Phhhhbbbbtttt
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately, since Widgetlocker relies on the phone's security pin, password, pattern, etc., it also fails to lock the screen after the phone goes to sleep on its own. They do offer a workaround, but it was more than I was willing to do.

AT&T or Samsung has to fix it at the OS level.

Last edited:

78Staff

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
I would recommend buying widgetlocker. the latest update is brilliant! I purchased it on amazon a while ago when I had a $2 credit. Amazon had problems with the update so I contact the dev - the dev is awesome!

I also pulled the apk down ~google link to try it out. Turns out, I didn't really care for it, and as posted above it does nothing to correct the security flaw either. So I uninstalled it.

Funny thing, after a few uses, it pops up a "Pirating WidgetLocker, not cool...let's go legit" dialog and directs you to his webpage. I'm all for buying apps I use, and have no pirated apps on my device for any given length of time - but since he doesn't offer a trial, I had to go the other route. In this case, I didn't care for it and removed it. If I had liked it, I would have bought it. This way saved me $3. Sure it's only $3, but it adds up over time if you wind up buying a bunch of apps and never using them... Another reason dev's should offer free/trial/limited versions of some sort to allow users to make sure the app will work for them. ( which most do)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2fedes