1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    73 Global Posts

Default Lens Protection (Zagg?)

What do you guys think about putting Zagg Invisible Shield screen protection on the lens and flash? I'm paranoid about scratching the lens. Cases will make the camera recessed but that doesn't protect it from loose keys in a backpack, etc. I'm also interested in a screen-out case/holster combo; the case would have a camera/lens hole but the holster doesn't. This would provide effective protection for the screen/lens when holstered. My 3GS lens is still new because of this.

Picture degradation?
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    8,910 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Definite picture degradation. You would need an optical grade film. Not sure if they is anything like that available for a phone.

Sent from my SGS II
    Kevin F.I.M.T.K. O'Quinn Esq.

Global Posts
    275 Global Posts
    ROM
    Vicious JellyBean 4.1.1

Default Re: Lens Protection (Zagg?)

I agree with Kevin. I have used Zagg's film on all my devices (phones, cameras, ipod) and all the film has a, well, slightly bumpy (for lack of a better descriptive word) appearance to it. I am not sure how the InvisibleShield would change the light entering the lens. Putting anything over a tiny lens, like a cell phone lens, is risky... I came from using a Sprint EVO 3D that had a plastic lens cover attached to the back battery door and this caused lens flares quite often, so even when provided by the manufacturer it is not necessarily a good thing.