NFC. How and where to use it?

cwells

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure they (AT&T) haven't enabled it yet. The battery does have NFC build into it but we just gotta wait for them to flick the switch... Again I could be wrong, anyone else wanna clarify this?

ttlphotography

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
ATT hasnt enabled the feature yet. I point blank asked a "well placed technical supervisor" (for whatever thats worth inside ATT) this very question. Its coming. but no ETA, no talk on what we'll be able to do, etc.

But once they actually do, all the NFC stuff youve been hearing about that you can do with the function, id assume, should be available.

cwells

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
so if it is turned on, any practical uses now?

There's tons of things you'll be able to do once its activated. One of the best is make money transactions at places that except nfc, basically instead of using your ATM or credit card you can just use your phone. There's tons of other applications as well but to many to list!!

buirus

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
so if it is turned on, any practical uses now?

Funny...this morning I was at Peet's Coffee and they just installed an NFC payment system. Of course I immediately checked to see if my phone had this and was disappointed to find out that the feature is disabled. I am not sure how practical using NFC is but the geek factor is way high which is enough reason for me!

Hopefully AT&T will enable this soon.

derande

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
I haven't read enough about NFC to understand the details. I assume security is an utmost concern. Will a transaction require you to enter a security PIN or is it just like swiping a card and the cashier is a slacker that doesn't verify your ID?

XANAX

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
Will a transaction require you to enter a security PIN or is it just like swiping a card and the cashier is a slacker that doesn't verify your ID?
From the review I saw, Google Wallet requires a PIN (on your device) before every transaction. But I think the store you're using it at doesn't require anything.

SoCaliTrojan

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
From what I have read, there are no standards yet in regard to NFC. Google wallet does things one way, which is in competition to what AT&T invested in (a rival?). Maybe they are still trying to work something out.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae