1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    104 Global Posts

Default No bulk email delete options?

Hi all ,

I recently got a Galaxy s2 (finally retired the 3gs). Question unless i'm missing it (or it doesn't exist) there doesn't seem to be a option to delete mass / bulk emails in the default email client. I'm using a pop 3 server from my internet provider if that helps any.
    The one thing I liked about the iphone was the mass delete option. Here I have to delete each email THEN goto the deleted items folder and select each one again? Again if I'm missing a step let me know.

Default Re: No bulk email delete options?

i haven't been able to figure that out either. along with that, is there a way to move emails to spam folders?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    104 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nobodyisherenow View Post
    i haven't been able to figure that out either. along with that, is there a way to move emails to spam folders?
    Not that I'm aware of. This is one aspect I miss having (which the iphone does).

I do not use E-mail application. I have gmail and hotmail accounts and both services have specialized applications. However, Android User's Guide does say that it is possible to do batch processing of e-mails in E-mail client:

You can delete, star, or mark unread a batch of messages at once.
    1. In the Inbox or mailbox, check the messages that you want to work with as a batch.
    When you check one or more messages, the Mark unread, Add star, and
    Delete buttons appear at the bottom of the screen.

2. Touch Mark unread, Add star, or Delete.
    You can also press Menu and touch Deselect all.
    Your action affects the entire batch of messages.

Quote Originally Posted by annelid View Post
    Not that I'm aware of. This is one aspect I miss having (which the iphone does).
    In order to display the checkboxes for batch deletion or moving to other folders, you have to push the settings / options capacitive (first) button and select "delete" or "move to folder" option.

Yes. That works great... thanks!

/BD