What to do after root?

BuddhaMunx

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
Read a few things online but seems like most are outdated. I understand the ROMs, but what other things can you do with the SGH-i777 that make it better than just a stock phone?

SoCaliTrojan

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
I just rooted mine. You get access to alot more apps. I installed Titanium Backup to back up my apps and freeze the bloatware (apps that the carriers force on you). I installed adaway to block advertisements. I installed Metamorph to install custom themes (my lock screen now is slightly different). I unlocked my phone so that I can put in a different sim card (in the event I travel out of the country).

I am eventually going to install Cyanogen Mod 7. I am just waiting for other people to do it first and find all of the bugs since this is my first android and I don't want to mess it up just yet. I should have gone to android sooner...I think I have found a hobby that would let me practice what I learned at school (programming), if I ever get around to developing apps.

ddominator

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
I just rooted mine. You get access to alot more apps. I installed Titanium Backup to back up my apps and freeze the bloatware (apps that the carriers force on you). I installed adaway to block advertisements. I installed Metamorph to install custom themes (my lock screen now is slightly different). I unlocked my phone so that I can put in a different sim card (in the event I travel out of the country).

I am eventually going to install Cyanogen Mod 7. I am just waiting for other people to do it first and find all of the bugs since this is my first android and I don't want to mess it up just yet. I should have gone to android sooner...I think I have found a hobby that would let me practice what I learned at school (programming), if I ever get around to developing apps.

How did you unlock the phone?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockpaperreality36