What is causing my CWM error? (SOLVED?)

iskor12

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
And How do I fix it. I have read that it might have something to do with having a 3E flash?
I'm pretty new to all of this, so I have no idea what this mean nor do I have a clue as to how to fix it.

verifying update package...
E:failed to verify whole-file signature
E:signature verification failed

installation aborted.

I appreciate all help given.
Thanks

Last edited:

ddominator

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
Re: What is causing my ROM Manager error?

Yeah I got that too when flashing CM 7.1 I had to disable signature verification.

But of course only do that if you know the ROM comes from a trusted source!

Reactions: iskor12

sailador

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site

And How do I fix it. I have read that it might have something to do with having a 3E flash?
I'm pretty new to all of this, so I have no idea what this mean nor do I have a clue as to how to fix it.

installation aborted.

Thanks

i believe currently rom manager is not very capable with the s2. So for backing up or restoring just use CWM for now

rbj13

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

Yea I don't think Rom manager gets along with Samsung devices very well from what I read so like sailador said just flash using CWM.

iskor12

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site

Yea I don't think Rom manager gets along with Samsung devices very well from what I read so like sailador said just flash using CWM.

I am very new to the Android OS. What is CWM and how do I use it.

Also, Thanks to everyone who answered.

Last edited:

sailador

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site

basically you can backup your nandroid by going into recovery. That is by turning off the phone then hold both up and down volume button and power button, when you see the samsung galaxy logo then release it. That should get you into recovery. Once you there then do your nandroid backup

iskor12

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site

basically you can backup your nandroid by going into recovery. That is by turning off the phone then hold both up and down volume button and power button, when you see the samsung galaxy logo then release it. That should get you into recovery. Once you there then do your nandroid backup

Ok...I just tried what you said...and I got the same error!!

installation aborted.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

iskor12

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Re: What is causing my CWM error?

I think I found the answer to my question on XDA.

Getting "E: Signature Verification Failed" in CWM?
One of two things happened:
1) You used ROM Manager even though it is listed in BIG RED LETTERS above. In which case flash codeworkx kernel and this time DO NOT USE ROM MANAGER.
2) Go into CWM click Install Zip from SDCARD>Toggle Signature Verification. Should see "Signature Check: Disabled". If it says "Enabled" then try reflashing kernel in Odin again.

madmans

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
Well judging by the hundreds of people who are aslking the same question about the constant messages reporting "signature verification error" this is obviously a pretty common one. So many people offer the helpful advice to turn off signature verification but none of them is aware that this option is simply NOTavailable in some versions of CWM Recovery. I have what I believe is the latest version on my Galaxy i9000, running android 2.3.6 and CWM version2.5.1.2. I have spent many hours looking for a suitable fix for this problem but obviuosly have been unsuccessful so far. Just how many versions of CWM-R are there and where can we find one that offers the "toggle signature verification" feature?

many thanks !

madmans.

ustio

Feb 22, 2012
Visit site
hola tengo un htc wildfire voi a meter una rom y meda error failed to verify whole file signature y signature verification failed

Entropy

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
Well judging by the hundreds of people who are aslking the same question about the constant messages reporting "signature verification error" this is obviously a pretty common one. So many people offer the helpful advice to turn off signature verification but none of them is aware that this option is simply NOTavailable in some versions of CWM Recovery. I have what I believe is the latest version on my Galaxy i9000, running android 2.3.6 and CWM version2.5.1.2. I have spent many hours looking for a suitable fix for this problem but obviuosly have been unsuccessful so far. Just how many versions of CWM-R are there and where can we find one that offers the "toggle signature verification" feature?

many thanks !

madmans.

You should go to an I9000 forum - this forum section is for the Galaxy S II on AT&T (SGH-I777) which never saw a CWM version lower than 5.0.2.3.

In general, to get properly working CWM on most Samsungs, you need to install a kernel that includes it. The way to do this varies from device to device. On the I777 the choices are codeworkx's reference kernel, my kernel, or SiyahKernel. Information on these can be found on XDA. For I9000 - XDA is the place to go, but a different forum section.

When on XDA - SEARCH BEFORE POSTING. In general, if you haven't spent 2-3 days reading through various threads on the forums for a given device, especially ALL sticky threads, Googling terms you don't understand, you should not post there.

Satheesh K Shankar

Feb 17, 2014
Visit site

installation aborted.

Thanks

sumit pathak

May 8, 2014
Visit site
I never find this

etting "E: Signature Verification Failed" in CWM?
One of two things happened:
1) You used ROM Manager even though it is listed in BIG RED LETTERS above. In which case flash codeworkx kernel and this time DO NOT USE ROM MANAGER.
2) Go into CWM click Install Zip from SDCARD>Toggle Signature Verification. Should see "Signature Check: Disabled". If it says "Enabled" then try reflashing kernel in Odin again.

Sriramraja

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Hi Dude,

I got the solution as I just faced it and came over from it.

The thing is simple. You have been trying to install the update.zip or superSU.zip from your default android recovery. thats y its showing error. That means the custom recovery has not been successfully installed on your mobile. so pls try again then it will surely install.

Download the correct image file and copy the file into the same folder as your adb and fastboot binaries. Rename the image to twrp.img and type:

fastboot flash recovery twrp.img

fastboot reboot

Note many devices will replace your custom recovery automatically during first boot. To prevent this, use Google to find the proper key combo to enter recovery. After typing fastboot reboot, hold the key combo and boot to TWRP. Once TWRP is booted, TWRP will patch the stock ROM to prevent the stock ROM from replacing TWRP. If you don't follow this step, you will have to repeat the install.

Android OneThe link which I got solution and you should consider!

Hope this helps you dude. let me know if u have any ques.

Thanks all.