New User. Best Sleek/Cool Phone Cover? Something Shiny/Cool!

crewxp

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Hi. I just switched from an iPhone4 after 5 years of having one and bought my first android today!! I want to buy a case and invisible shield for the screen.

Does anyone have any recommendations? I used to have an otterbox with also an invisible shield for my iPhone. I'm not sure which cases are the best and most importantly which type of invisible shield (screen cover) works best.

I saw a couple of i9100 phone accessories, but was wondering if it covered anything the AT&T had that the other phone didnt.

Thanks!!

Last edited:

runtohell121

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Re: Best Screen Cover + Best Phone Cover? Invisishield? Otterbox?

I personally hate InvisibleShield.

I would recommend SGP or Rearth (Ringbo)

Majority of the i9100 accessories/case will work on the AT&T version. I'm using the SGP Neo Hybrid ($26).

Entrical

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site

I have a ZAGG InvisibleShield and the CaseMate Pop case with the kickstand. Love it. Doesn't add too much bulk to the phone and protects it nicely. Like the ZAGG IS too.

crewxp

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site

Thanks guys! I ended up not going with Invisishield and went SGP Crystal Ultra.

I'm currently looking for a case now. I want something that looks sleek/sexy. I have had an iPhone for 5 years and never once scratched/cracked it. Then again, I had an Otterbox.

But does anyone know of a good sleek/sexy case for the galaxy? Something shiny or cool looking maybe?

jSiLeNt619

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site

Thanks guys! I ended up not going with Invisishield and went SGP Crystal Ultra.

I'm currently looking for a case now. I want something that looks sleek/sexy. I have had an iPhone for 5 years and never once scratched/cracked it. Then again, I had an Otterbox.

But does anyone know of a good sleek/sexy case for the galaxy? Something shiny or cool looking maybe?

Try looking into the Case mate barely there aluminum brush. You might like it.

birvini

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
I got my Case Mate on Monday. It's the aluminum backed one and I like it a lot. It's very thin but it appears like it will protect the phone well. I read another post where the user cautioned against slower data speeds with the aluminum back. I ran Speedtest and surprisingly my phone was faster with the case on then off. I'm guessing the antennas on the phone are on the lower portion or the sides where the aluminum wouldn't affect the signal.

crewxp

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
aww man! Okay, I'll run the same tests.

Sometimes I get different speeds with speed test with no case. So I'll make sure to run the test a couple of times before I put the case on and re-run it.

duncanator

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
I also purchased the SGP Ultra Crystal film and you can't even tell there is a screen protector on the glass. It is really clear and does not affect the quality of the screen at all.

phositadc

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
With the case-mate brushed aluminum case, when you set the phone camera-side down, does the camera still touch the table? Or does the case stick out enough to prevent the actual camera from touching the surface of the table?

And if you set the phone screen-side down, does the screen touch the table? Or does the case protrude up enough from the top of the screen such that only the case is touching the table?