Flashed UnNamed v1.0.3 ROM to my S2

iskor12

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I am running the UnNamed v1.0.3 ROM and it runs great!!
UnNamed v1.0.3
Very stable.

I am using setcpu in it as well. I have some speed scores for all of u.
At 1400mhz.
SC20111017-213231.png

At 1600mhz.
SC20111017-213333.png

Right now...I have the phone set to 200mhz-800mhz "ondemand" and to be completely honest, I'm not noticing a difference in the speed of the phone. This ROM is rather Snappy. I will let you know how or if my battery life changes over the next week. As of now...I'm impressed.

Any questions... Feel free to ask. I will try my best to answer.

UnNamed v1.0.3 information.
Features:
-Based on UCKH7 firmware
-Entropy's Daily Driver kernel (10132011) (governor set to on demand via init.d script)
-Rooted (latest versions of su, Superuser, and Busybox)
-Fully deodexed and zipaligned

-Removed bloatware:

Deep breath... Amazon Kindle, AT&T Code Scanner, AT&T Live TV, AT&T FamilyMap, AT&T Featured Apps, AT&T Hot Spots, AT&T Movies, AT&T Navigator, Books, Buddies Now, City ID, Days, Dual Clock, Facebook, Genie Widget, Kobo, Mini Diary, myAT&T, Press Reader, Protips, Qik Lite, Terminal Emulator, Words With Friends, Yahoo Finance, YPmobile, and Zinio

-App mods:
Browser: removed AT&T bookmarks
Contacts: removed AT&T contacts
Launcher: customized the default layout and removed text from empty home screens
Logs Provider: modded to prevent text messages from being displayed in the phone log
Messaging: themed conversation view
Settings: additional screen timeout options (30 minutes and never) and the ability to set your preferred app install location - NEW!
Wallpaper Chooser: additional wallpapers from Ice Cream Sandwich and the international Galaxy S II

-Framework mods:
5 additional notification pulldown toggles (brightness, data, flashlight, sound, and sync) for a total of 10 - NEW!
Accurate battery mod
Charging complete notifications completely disabled - NEW!
CRT screen off animation (available as an addon because I don't really like it)
Extended power menu with reboot, recovery, and download options
Home button lag fix (disables home button double tap feature)
Themed several status bar icons (the stock alarm, flight mode, silent, and vibrate icons were fat and ugly)

-Other mods and features:
Ad blocking via hosts file
Additional alarms, notifications, and ringtones from Ice Cream Sandwich and CM7
Automatic zipalign at boot (init.d script)
Galaxy Nexus boot animation - NEW!
Unrestricted USB tethering and Wi-Fi hotspot functionality
Updated system apps

Last edited:

phositadc

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
Is it based on the stock AT&T GS2 ROM, just with the modifications noted in your OP?

If so, I would imagine it is essentially just as stable as a stock unrooted phone.

iskor12

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Is it based on the stock AT&T GS2 ROM, just with the modifications noted in your OP?

If so, I would imagine it is essentially just as stable as a stock unrooted phone.

From what I understand in the features...it is based on the stock ROM.

It definitely seems faster though.

FYI: The TEXT messenger app is modded a little bit. I like it.

iskor12

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
The following pictures aren't mine, but they do show exactly how it looks.
sc20111011220059.png

Here is what pops up when you hold on to the power button.
sc20111011215729.png

sc20111016091755.png

sc20111016091803.png

sailador

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
i am currently running the unnamed rom too. This rom hands down is best rom right now for the s2. It is fast and I havent found one single bug yet.

Emcee

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
i am currently running the unnamed rom too. This rom hands down is best rom right now for the s2. It is fast and I havent found one single bug yet.

Have you tested it against Cognition X2? I haven't tried unnamed because I got Cog just the way I like it.

I would like to see a Touchwiz-free ROM, tho.

phositadc

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
When you flash the rom, does it also flash the kernel?

On my rooted Droid Incredible, the rom and the kernel are separate flashes. But it seems like on the ATT GS2 flashing the rom also flashes the kernel?

Am I right about this? Or are they different flashes just like on the DInc?

Emcee

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
When you flash the rom, does it also flash the kernel?

On my rooted Droid Incredible, the rom and the kernel are separate flashes. But it seems like on the ATT GS2 flashing the rom also flashes the kernel?

Am I right about this? Or are they different flashes just like on the DInc?

So far all the ROMs have kernels included, but you can then get stand-alone kernels to then flash over them.

phositadc

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
Oh ok, so flashing a certain rom may also flash a certain kernel, but then you can flash a different kernel if you so choose?

That makes sense. I saw, for instance, that the Entropy Daily Driver kernel is apparently not compatible with CyanogenMod. Not sure why, but seems that I read it on xda-developers somewhere.

crewxp

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Hi. I just rooted my phone yesterday. First time android user.

What benefits do ROMS provide? I've read around that they allow you to do more, but every rom I've read about was for different phones and did different things. A little confusing.

If I install this rom on my SG2, will I be able to notice performance increases without losing features?

Emcee

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
Hi. I just rooted my phone yesterday. First time android user.

What benefits do ROMS provide? I've read around that they allow you to do more, but every rom I've read about was for different phones and did different things. A little confusing.

If I install this rom on my SG2, will I be able to notice performance increases without losing features?

Each ROM thread has a list of additions/subtractions in that ROM. Make sure you ONLY use ones in the ATT SGSII forums. Using ones for the international version will mess up your phone (although it is reversible).

MakAttak

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
OK, I have been running CM7 for about a week, and noticed extreme battery drain, had to really go in and pull down some of the battery destroyers. I decided to try unNamed, and popped in 1.0.4 and it kept giving me connection timeout errors on the market of all places. Now I am a cisco professional, and, I have a wireless router running about 3 feet away from the phone. It can browse OK, but I noticed that even after a solid connection is made, the Scanning... notice keeps popping up about every 5 seconds in the Wireless section. I backed down to 1.0.3 with the same results, so, I am thinking of trying another rom... I don't think this makes a lot of sense, because once I have a STRONG good connection, it should stop scanning until the connection is broken. That seems to have something to do with getting out on the web, as sometimes it is quite quick, others it is really slow at loading the first page.