Two email clients

Slusho64

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
So the SGSII comes with two email clients, named Email and Gmail. My friend told me Gmail is from stock Android so Email must be from Touchwiz. It appears Email is better (although the notifications for Gmail seem better). Either way, I don't understand why they would both be automatically enabled so you get two notifications every time you get an email. So what do we do so we're only using one?

Broheemster

May 5, 2010
Visit site
So the SGSII comes with two email clients, named Email and Gmail. My friend told me Gmail is from stock Android so Email must be from Touchwiz. It appears Email is better (although the notifications for Gmail seem better). Either way, I don't understand why they would both be automatically enabled so you get two notifications every time you get an email. So what do we do so we're only using one?
I just use the regular email app and have my gmail and yahoo accounts on that. You still get gmail without double notifications or problems. I mean unless the cool G envelope is a must for the homescreen :)

gpkumaran

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
I use neither the gmail app nor the sense e mail app.I use an app named k9mail.please try it.it gives push notifications for g mail as it supports imap idle and it's free.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

sailador

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site

I use enhanced email it combines all the mail plus it has delete all

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk

tunie

Phhhhbbbbtttt
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site

I use K-9 for email as well. Bit of a chore to set up if you have several accounts, like I do, but it's much better than the stock app. If you want to stop duplicate notifications, just run the stock email app, go to settings and deselect "Email notifications". I only get one notification, from K-9.

Slusho64

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for all the replies!

So if I just disable alerts in the stock Gmail app, will the Gmail app and the Email app separately fetch email and unnecessarily drain the battery?

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
One feature that the Touchwiz email client has with Gmail is Pinch to Zoom within a message, hate that the stock email client doesn't do it. I don't remember K9 doing it either (could be wrong) ... The Touchwiz email client does have a glitch though where it will tell you that you have a lot more unread mail than you actually do, however I can live with that notification error.

anon(13322)

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
The standard e-mail client wouldn't take my Yahoo e-mail information, so I had no choice but to download the Yahoo Mail application. I'm going to try the K9 that others are talking about in this thread.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995