1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default explain launchers to me

i just downloaded go launcher ex because i am under the impression it adds new themes, because im bored of the default and dont want to root

does it kill battery? what about go task manager widget? it looks useful but i wont use it if it drains the battery a noticable amount

what are cool launchers/themes

thanks

Global Posts
    353 Global Posts

Default Re: explain launchers to me

i use launcher pro. not a resource hog, fast, and i like the available options.

ROM
    {GalnetMIUI 1.11.9} ICS

I use Go Launcher...It does use some resources, but it's not that bad. Graphically looks great.
    ROM: {GalnetMIUI 1.11.9} {ICS 4.0.1}
    Kernal: Entropy's Daily Driver
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

i dont care about other launchers because they cant easily change themes right? but this one is draining the battery faster than i can imagine, so i think ill get rid of it

whats a way i can easily change themes

when i had cyanogenmod on my sgs2 i loved ADW.launcher. it had some awesome themes that were easily switchable. I loved the black and white minimalist one, and i bet being a lot of black it saved on display battery usage.

Related question:

Installing and using a custom launcher (like GO or Launcher Pro) does not deactivate touchwiz, right?

In other words, touchwiz is always running in the background taking up resources, so using GO (or LP) just uses additional resources? So it's not possible to actually save resources by using a custom launcher?

Global Posts
    275 Global Posts
    ROM
    Vicious JellyBean 4.1.1

chrikenn,
    I don't know that answer, but it is a good question!
    I use GoLauncherEX. I have tried several of them too. I am pretty firmly set on GoLauncherEX because it has just a ton of free themes and add-ons like GoSMS, GoCalendar, GoContacts, GoWeather, GoLocker (screen lock), etc...
    The GoSMS is like Handcent. It can be themed out and there are tons of options like being able to handwrite (scribble) a note and send it as a text. The GoCalendar is like my previous HTC Sense calendar.
    Coming from a Sense ROM (Sprint HTC EVO and EVO 3D), I have found the "Go" products to best give me the feel of a Sense experience.
    I would be interested in knowing the answer to your question too. Once rooted, I would imagine one could uninstall TouchWiz if so inclined, but I am unsure. I have found every launcher to introduce an extra moment of lag when I wake the phone, but it is really brief and livable because I love being able to theme everything out and get custom widgets. The bonus is that most of it is for free. I have not purchased one add-on yet and I have everything I could want and more.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

that was weird, yesterday i was banned forever for no reason and now i can log in...did someone find this thread offensive? lol

Global Posts
    462 Global Posts
    ROM
    Will be rooted

Lol it was a glitch I guess where everyone was banned for a bit.

Global Posts
    275 Global Posts
    ROM
    Vicious JellyBean 4.1.1

Quote Originally Posted by pairenoid View Post
    that was weird, yesterday i was banned forever for no reason and now i can log in...did someone find this thread offensive? lol
    Nah! You're just being pairenoid... LOL

o well i like my new name better

but dammm i left my charger at work so i have not been able to test out the launcher, im gona have to wait till tom

my phones been off for 2 days =[ i really want to tweak some of those settings i just got beautiful widgets too lol

Global Posts
    928 Global Posts

I'm using Go Launcher, I haven't really tried the others.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk