1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Battery drain seems to average around 5% per hour

I am an average user and have 2 email accounts pushing to my phone. A few texts and calls and brief browsing through the day. Facebook is set to poll and 1 hour intervals. No twitter. No gaming. Leave WIFI on all day even though its only connected in the evening at home. I was rooted and running Cognition and went back to original rom.

What are others averaging in battery drain per hour and is there does anyone have any suggestions on what to do to slightly improve battery life?

Default Re: Battery drain seems to average around 5% per hour

if i have no wifi on / no bt / auto sync / etc
    <1 % per hour
    if i have wifi on maybe 1-2% per hour

at most 5-10 % per hour watching a video or using pandora
    i lost 20% after watching a movie or so i cant remmeber exactly

its not consistent because i never use my phone the same way every time but generally if im not using it much <1 - 3% per hour
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by pairenoid View Post
    if i have no wifi on / no bt / auto sync / etc
    <1 % per hour
    if i have wifi on maybe 1-2% per hour

at most 5-10 % per hour watching a video or using pandora
    i lost 20% after watching a movie or so i cant remmeber exactly

its not consistent because i never use my phone the same way every time but generally if im not using it much <1 - 3% per hour
    Yes, I could see how turning sync off would save alot but getting my mail pushed is required.

Do you think that push mail is draining that much???

i read countless times that auto sync kills the battery so i turned it off the first day i got my phone

cant tell you how bad it drains, only that it most definitely is a factor

I feel like I'm having the same issue.. Fully charged battery.. within 8 hours.. it's at 12% and I didn't seem to use it that much. It used to be a lot better but lately the battery seems to drain itself out of no where.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Battery drain seems to average around 5% per hour-sc20111029-183558.png   Battery drain seems to average around 5% per hour-sc20111029-183601.png  

wow
    i went to bed with 100%

woke up with 55, 10 hours later. It says 44% android system and 20% standby and 17% os

than i look at the graph and the awake is on and off every mm

i am getting ing fed up with this awake bug, its so random, i am sick of restarting my phone to see if it gets fixed. Its such a hazard because i use my phone as my alarm and it might die, yes i can leave my phone plugged in but i shouldnt have to

i am starting to understand iphone users hate for android, i love my android and will keep it, but this ing random battery drain is annoying. Just this weekend i went 2 days using gps / text /facbook and i still had 40%

than i charge it and dont use it at all and it goes to 55% in 10 hours ........................................so inconsistent

I had the same issue, so before being fed up and returning the phone, I decided to give it another chance.
    What works for me is:
    Disable auto-sync, disabling Background data helps even more, but I let that one slide. Set the email accounts Exchange etc to pull every 15 minutes to an hour during peak.
    Installed Titanium backup and froze a bunch of stuff that was just running in the background, eg. Facebook, AP mobile (which is a well documented drain), some Yahoo thing, Media Hub, Social Hub , etc...
    You get my drift...anything that you find useless.
    Oh, and Wi-fi, Bluetooth (when not using it)

I had 100% on Saturday afternoon, didn't really use my phone the whole weekend and was at 80% Monday morning. Not bad with 3-4 widgets working in the background. So, you definitely can tweak your phone the way you want it. That is the beauty of the Android.

As you probably can see the issue the new Iphone is having with its battery. And you cannot even tweak it like we can ours.