Unlocking mobile hot spot

justlaxin13

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
I know this is somewhat of a development/root question. I want to unlock that ability (without paying obviously) to use the mobile hotspot on my phone. With my old phone (Samsung Captivate) simply rooting didn't unlock this, only flashing certain ROMs did. My problem is, as of yet, I don't want to flash anything new to my SGS2, though I have no qualms about rooting. Any advice?

jsgraphicart

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
If your phone is rooted, you can download wifi tethering apps right from the market that dont use the carriers mobile hotspot service.

jsgraphicart

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
You can do as shansmi said freeze the tethering monitor. If you want to go the alternative app route, there is an app called open garden wifi tether. There is one called barnacle wifi tether that I havent tried too. Just go to the app market and type wifi tether and you'll get a whole list of them.

netarc

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
ah, so rooting the phone, then freezing the tethering monitor process will allow you to use the native tethering/hotspot functionality (SETTINGS > Wireless and Network > Tethering and portable hotspot)?

Any suggestions on methods/apps to freeze the tethering monitor?

jsgraphicart

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
I personally have never tried the freezing method. But if you want an app that freezes stuff, you can buy the full version of titanium backup (which is a great app for a lot of other things). Or there is a free app called bloat freezer which gives you the option to freeze apps but Im not sure about services like the tethering monitor. There are other apps that you can try but nothing thats coming to my mind right now.

Freshboi627

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
Download TetherSetting (spelt together) app from market, and it has a force execution option! Open that up, pick Force On and there you go! Should work

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non