Replacement Launchers vs touchwiz

hunter.smith

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site
I've been using ADW EX with a really nice ICS theme overlaid on it. Performance has been pretty solid on it. I'll give Samsung some credit though, they did a really good job of making TouchWiz 4 not a laggy experience. I work at an AT&T store and it's been the only stock launcher that has had really really good performance, but that's not what this is about, is it?

Here is a screenshot of my phone with ADW EX, with said theme, and a really gorgeous ICS Live Wallpaper

SC20111120-200029.png

H_D

Mar 2, 2009
Visit site
I've been using ADW EX with a really nice ICS theme overlaid on it. Performance has been pretty solid on it. I'll give Samsung some credit though, they did a really good job of making TouchWiz 4 not a laggy experience. I work at an AT&T store and it's been the only stock launcher that has had really really good performance, but that's not what this is about, is it?

Here is a screenshot of my phone with ADW EX, with said theme, and a really gorgeous ICS Live Wallpaper

Click to view quoted image

Could you please provide a link to the ICS ADW theme you're using? Also, what is the name of the widget thats says "I want to"? TIA

treelover3

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
I've been a little fickle when it comes to the launchers I've used on my phone. Android Market had ADW EX on sale for 10 cents the other day so I purchased the app. I really like the extras that come with it. I also purchased the upgrade key for Launcher Pro and once I get ADW launcher set the way I want, I'll go in and setup the LauncherPro upgrade. I think it's worth it to buy the upgrade considering the extras you get and it IS the launcher being used on the phone.

It's nice, too, because when I switch between the launchers, all of my settings are still there. :D
tl3

Sent from my SGS II using Tapatalk

GBP87

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I tried GO and Pro Launcher, but found Touch Wiz to be faster than both. I don't use many widgets either. Speed > Customization, in my opinion. ;):p

rrieter

Oct 4, 2010
Visit site
I've tried them all, and GO Launcher ex is my favorite. Love that you can hide the status bar and dock by swiping up or down. Tons of customization options. All have free versions to try out, give 'em a spin and see what you like. Don't notice a difference in speed between Go and touchwiz. Dual cores and a gig of ram seems to be able to handle the launchers. Go launcher has setting to speed up screen transitions, etc. Check your preferences and effects and kick them up a notch.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca