Replacement Launchers vs touchwiz

Lavitapostandroid

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
We've all had our phones for a while. I have used adw launcher for a while since my last phone. Do you guys are prefer touchwiz? I love the infinite possibilities of adw. I have barely used touchwiz.

Sent from my SAMSUNG Galaxy S II

C.K400

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I prefer launcher pro just for the functionality and looks. It never crashes and i like the app drawer better. You can hide apps and your home screens spin!

phositadc

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
Used to use launcher pro but switched to go launcher when the dev of launcher pro apparently abandoned it... No updates since may!

litesout

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
I really like touchwiz launcher. Used Go launcher ex on my inspire. I'd say its a close second. The only complaint I have about touchwiz is the widget grid. They only give you a 4x4 grid, I greatly preferred the 5x4 grid.

treelover3

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
I've used launcher pro + and I'm currenty using Go Launcher EX and G. L. EX is the Launcher I'm going to stick with.
I didn't like touchwiz because there were only 4 icons in the dock and only one dock. Go L has 3 docks with 5 icons per dock.

Sent from my SGS II using Tapatalk

treelover3

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Well, I'm in the process of changing from Go Launcher EX to Launcher Pro. My ATRIX 2 had lots of issues (in general) and especially with Launcher Pro. I'm using the Galaxy S II now and so far, I love LP. On the A2, all of the icons were a fixed size and it didn't matter what you tried to do to adjust them, nothing worked. Depending on how many icons you had on the screen, they would overlap each other. Lp works great on the SGS II.

Sent from my SGS II using Tapatalk

treelover3

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Thank you. Any other apps everyone recommend for a new user?
---
I am here: Google Maps

Use this link, from Android Central:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/ge...g-started-android-tips-tricks.html#post313881

There is a wealth of info at the above link. Lots of recommendations for apps, launchers, etc., for the new user. I would have been lost when I first purchased my Galaxy S II had I not found this info.

Enjoy!
tl?
(had to correct where the text was placed)

Last edited:
Reactions: rrieter

Baroka

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Go Launcher > ADW EX > LP >Sony Arc >Regina/SPB 3D/etc. > pencil and paper > Touchwiz

I think it all boils down to personal preference. Was using the paid launcher pro version on my nexus one and really liked the 3D app scrolling. Lack of updates and desire to try something else pushed me to Go Launcher which I am personally prefer to touchwiz and is what I am currently using. Aesthetic-wise SPB 3D seems nice but the price is a distance too far for me for a launcher.