I've literally never seen this before. I work at best buy mobile and I sold a friend a galaxy s 2. After just a few hours of use the letters on the keyboard mixed up. The "A" and the "Z" switched places. When I cleared the data for the app it was fine but only for another few hours before switching the "q" with the "m" and the "n" with the "r".
    So I replaced the phone with a brand new one right out of the box. Sure enough, within an hour the new one did the same.
    Has anyone else heard of this?! Given my job, I see just about all issues on all phones but I can't find a thing about this anywhere.
    Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
    11-23-2011 08:41 PM
    there is a button to change languages

lol. go back to english
    11-23-2011 09:24 PM
    Hilarious
    11-23-2011 10:12 PM

lol. go back to english
    Experienced it once and for a minute was so confused till I realized it was the language settings at work
    11-24-2011 12:14 AM
    Experienced it once and for a minute was so confused till I realized it was the language settings at work
    That did nothing. The letters are still jumbled. I'm at a loss as to what to do.
    11-24-2011 10:48 AM
    That did nothing. The letters are still jumbled. I'm at a loss as to what to do.
    What about doing a screen capture and posting the image to better comprehend what maybe going on?
    11-24-2011 03:29 PM
    Will do but it won't happen till Friday.
    But all you need to do is look at your keyboard. Where the "A" should be...its now the letter "R". The "W" and the "Z" have traded places. So the top row says Q,Z,E,A,T,Y.
    11-24-2011 04:58 PM
    The "A" and the "Z" switched places. When I cleared the data for the app it was fine but only for another few hours before switching the "q" with the "m" and the "n" with the "r".
    Will do but it won't happen till Friday.
    But all you need to do is look at your keyboard. Where the "A" should be...its now the letter "R". The "W" and the "Z" have traded places. So the top row says Q,Z,E,A,T,Y.
    So you're saying the letters switched randomly? In your first post, q switched with m. In the next post, q stayed in place for QZEATY.

maybe your keyboard app was corrupted by something your friend did. Your friend is the only common element between both phones. Maybe he's doing a prank on you given your "tech" job. I used to physically pop off keys off keyboards and switch them around. You won't believe how many people still hunt for the keys and will use the wrong letters.

I did a search, and there are no keyboards with an arrangement of letters that you specified. This issue had never been seen before, so if your friend isn't doing anything...maybe you are inadvertently doing something?

What apps does your friend have? I'm sure within an hour of getting a new phone, your friend's apps were restored, either by Android market (when he clicks on my apps) or when he restored apps manually from titanium backup.
    11-25-2011 08:04 AM
    The GO launcher keyboard download has the option for an AZERTY keyboard, but that's as close as I could find.
    11-27-2011 03:32 PM
    I love how when people have never seen it they assume its a joke.. My phone did the same thing, so your not crazy. I didn't however know how to fix it. I had to just learn that z is where y should be, and y where z should be. and yes i checked ALL the keyboard settings. shut the phone off turned it back on.. then i was looking at it closer one day, and figured it out.
    06-27-2013 02:20 PM
    I love how when people have never seen it they assume its a joke.. My phone did the same thing, so your not crazy. I didn't however know how to fix it. I had to just learn that z is where y should be, and y where z should be. and yes i checked ALL the keyboard settings. shut the phone off turned it back on.. then i was looking at it closer one day, and figured it out.
    http://i1109.photobucket.com/albums/...ps1db8ebf6.png
    Hello,

I had same problem and finally found solution.
    Settings->Language->Force latin layout-> choose English language. Letters z and y will finally be on they place

Regards
    07-04-2013 05:38 AM
    I love swipe!
    09-02-2013 11:28 AM
    this happened to me too, no longer a qwerty keyboard! (qwertz) but did not have a 'force Latin layout' as suggested ; so I just changed languages from English Australian to English US, which fixed it , then back again to eng aus.

Funny why it happens?
    04-29-2014 06:20 AM

lol. go back to english
    I did that and it's still messed up. I can't figure it out at all.
    06-27-2015 04:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD