Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Please Help!! AT&T Galaxy S2 mixed up letters on Swype???

I've literally never seen this before. I work at best buy mobile and I sold a friend a galaxy s 2. After just a few hours of use the letters on the keyboard mixed up. The "A" and the "Z" switched places. When I cleared the data for the app it was fine but only for another few hours before switching the "q" with the "m" and the "n" with the "r".
    So I replaced the phone with a brand new one right out of the box. Sure enough, within an hour the new one did the same.
    Has anyone else heard of this?! Given my job, I see just about all issues on all phones but I can't find a thing about this anywhere.
    Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Default Re: Please Help!! AT&T Galaxy S2 mixed up letters on Swype???

there is a button to change languages

lol. go back to english
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Hilarious

Global Posts
    73 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DroidBehavior View Post
    there is a button to change languages

lol. go back to english
    Experienced it once and for a minute was so confused till I realized it was the language settings at work
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by Baroka View Post
    Experienced it once and for a minute was so confused till I realized it was the language settings at work
    That did nothing. The letters are still jumbled. I'm at a loss as to what to do.

Global Posts
    73 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen00 View Post
    That did nothing. The letters are still jumbled. I'm at a loss as to what to do.
    What about doing a screen capture and posting the image to better comprehend what maybe going on?
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Will do but it won't happen till Friday.
    But all you need to do is look at your keyboard. Where the "A" should be...its now the letter "R". The "W" and the "Z" have traded places. So the top row says Q,Z,E,A,T,Y.

The "A" and the "Z" switched places. When I cleared the data for the app it was fine but only for another few hours before switching the "q" with the "m" and the "n" with the "r".
    Will do but it won't happen till Friday.
    But all you need to do is look at your keyboard. Where the "A" should be...its now the letter "R". The "W" and the "Z" have traded places. So the top row says Q,Z,E,A,T,Y.
    So you're saying the letters switched randomly? In your first post, q switched with m. In the next post, q stayed in place for QZEATY.

maybe your keyboard app was corrupted by something your friend did. Your friend is the only common element between both phones. Maybe he's doing a prank on you given your "tech" job. I used to physically pop off keys off keyboards and switch them around. You won't believe how many people still hunt for the keys and will use the wrong letters.

I did a search, and there are no keyboards with an arrangement of letters that you specified. This issue had never been seen before, so if your friend isn't doing anything...maybe you are inadvertently doing something?

What apps does your friend have? I'm sure within an hour of getting a new phone, your friend's apps were restored, either by Android market (when he clicks on my apps) or when he restored apps manually from titanium backup.

The GO launcher keyboard download has the option for an AZERTY keyboard, but that's as close as I could find.

I love how when people have never seen it they assume its a joke.. My phone did the same thing, so your not crazy. I didn't however know how to fix it. I had to just learn that z is where y should be, and y where z should be. and yes i checked ALL the keyboard settings. shut the phone off turned it back on.. then i was looking at it closer one day, and figured it out.

Quote Originally Posted by corina wilson View Post
    I love how when people have never seen it they assume its a joke.. My phone did the same thing, so your not crazy. I didn't however know how to fix it. I had to just learn that z is where y should be, and y where z should be. and yes i checked ALL the keyboard settings. shut the phone off turned it back on.. then i was looking at it closer one day, and figured it out.
    http://i1109.photobucket.com/albums/...ps1db8ebf6.png
    Hello,

I had same problem and finally found solution.
    Settings->Language->Force latin layout-> choose English language. Letters z and y will finally be on they place

Regards

I love swipe!

this happened to me too, no longer a qwerty keyboard! (qwertz) but did not have a 'force Latin layout' as suggested ; so I just changed languages from English Australian to English US, which fixed it , then back again to eng aus.

Funny why it happens?