Does the gs2 have nfc?

Wookiee

May 20, 2011
Visit site
Yes, but it's not currently enabled. The hardware sits dormant until, presumably, a future update. Or it may never get enabled. I think that's AT&T's call.

reelon

May 24, 2011
Visit site
OK, maybe with ics it will get activated. I think I'm going for the 96 cents sale on sand tomorrow an grab a me a sg2

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

reelon

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Wow interesting that the nfc is on the battery. Wouldn't have thought about it.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk

Chex313

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
It makes sense to put it in the battery. They can swap battery's real easy and then just add software to the phone.

Some older phones may be able to add it in when and if they receive ics.

You could still even slide an nfc card(its the size of your credit card) into the back of your case to jury rig it....even on phones that will never support it.

Jonna09

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site

heh....I obv know that, I own an S2, I have seen the battery.......what I thought was that, the battery was just specially adapted to power nfc chips.....rather than house the chip itself.......

Perhaps NexusS owners could shed some light on this topic......but I guess they wouldn't be here....

but then you could also see how the Nexus S is built in its own way to enable NFC......clearly nothing of that sort on the S2 ....... the NFC sensor is separate from the battery....and it is built into the cover rather than the battery itself....check the review....

http://www.androidcentral.com/samsung-nexus-s-review

cmunic8r99

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
OK, maybe with ics it will get activated. I think I'm going for the 96 cents sale on sand tomorrow an grab a me a sg2

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Some ROMs have enabled it. Unnamed does, anyway.

4066f909-7af7-87e6.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12