1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Does it matter what type of charging cable I buy?

Mine stopped working. Got Ketchup on the connector. Bestbuy has a Rocketfish for $20. Looks like a ripoff but I need one.

I gotta charge only cable, no data sync, which is what I wanted for less than 3 dollars on amazon.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk

Default Re: Does it matter what type of charging cable I buy?

I have been thinking that too. I found a dock on eBay that looks good but it doesn't have a cable, so you have to buy your own and plug it into the dock. I could use the one that comes with it but I plan to use the dock next to my bed to charge at night so any cheap old wall charger that will charge the phone within the 7-8 hours that I am asleep.

you can get perfectly good chargers on eBay for like $5 shipped. I always buy off brand ones., never any problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Average Joe 6Pack View Post
    you can get perfectly good chargers on eBay for like $5 shipped. I always buy off brand ones., never any problems.
    I found an old wall charger I used with my Blackberry 8700 way back "in the day" lol. It should work fine right?

I've always used generic ones and never had probs. Some chargers are 800mAh and some 1000mAh. I've used both and nothing is broken...yet

The $2 ones from Amazon have always worked fine for my blackberries and Androids. Its one of those things that you don't need to pay extra for name brand lol

any links to cheap ones?

Quote Originally Posted by KentuckyHouse View Post
    That was pretty awesome, never seen that before.

Are you actually from Kentucky?

Ebay... I bought from this seller. Of course, it's from HongKong so it took about 9 days to get to me, pretty fast considering. You can choose USA only and pay a little more to get it from other vendors a little faster.

This is a bid item:

But this is the better deal, it is for THREE (3) cables. A buck each, buy it now.