Signal strength issues with SG2?

sbkim

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Hello everyone and thanks for the great forum. I just got my SG2 and so far so good. However, I notice that the signal strength is reading lower than my ATT blackberry torch. In fact, I don't think I've seen more than 3 bars. Normally I see 2 bars with H+. Is this a common issue with this phone or do I may be have a defective device? There are no software updates from ATT so I presume I have one of the latest software versions.

Thanks

derande

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
My GS2 has the best signal strength of any phone I've had, including iPhones, BBs, and other android devices.
My house has internal walls of brick/mortar construction and we have never been able to make calls or send/receive data inside until I got a GS2. Now I can actually use my phone in the house.

psams

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
"... Normally I see 2 bars with H+. ..." I don't think that SGS2 shows connection strength for H+ - it's all or nothing (H ^ v), but Wi Fi does display bars.

sbkim

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Thanks everyone for the reply. Of course I walk into ATT store, and I see 5 bars LOL. So I guess it must be my area or my BB just registered better signal under 3G.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci