trying to root and following steps but its not really working

DroidBehavior

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
"
Turn your phone off
Boot into download mode (volume down + power)
Accept warning by pressing volume up
Start Odin
Use the PDA entry in Odin, choose the recovery you downloaded above
Connect your phone to your computer
Press the start button in Odin

When finished, use SuperOneClick to root the device. You now have Clockwork recovery, and a rooted, stock ROM.
"

volume down + power doesnt do anything and if i do up + down at the same time and power i go into recovery mode not download mode, and i can only go into that odin mode when my usb is plugged in prior to holding the up and down

and at this point when i select the .tar and hit start it says failed, not sure what i am doing wrong

edit: nm i dont know why but now it worked, i unplugged and replugged several times before it decided to work

so what now? im not sure what cwm is exactly, do i use it b4 i download a new rom? i just downloaded rom manager and the first option is to flash clockwork recovery mod, didnt i already do that via the first few steps in the guide to rooting?

ok i went ahead and flashed clock work, and through rom manager i did back up my rom and it failed

i noticed when my s2 boots up it says i9100 where my model should be i777, not sure if that is normal but i did everything the guide said and it seems other people have the same issue

so basically my CWM doesnt work eveyrthin i do says failed, its 5.0.2.3

hmm what should i do i feel like i ed up some where but i used 3 guides that all had the exact same steps n files, im thinking i want to restart over from scratch but not sure how..from unrooting to rooting

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non