Playing over Bluetooth (car stereo) issue?

GBP87

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Hi All-

I just upgraded from a BB 9700, and I can't love my new phone more!

When I used to play music over my car stereo with my BB 9700 with Bluetooth, the sound was crystal clear and in most instances of a higher quality than a CD. This was with my 9700's volume all the way up. When I upgraded to the SGSII, I noticed that the same music played over my stereo seems kind of flat at the higher treble range and not as clear. I have fiddled with the SGSII volume to no avail. I have also ensured that the Music Player's equalizer is set to "normal". To me, this seems almost like a Bluetooth issue, but I can be completely offbase.

The sound is still very good, but the Blackberry produced it better. Any thoughts as for a fix? Is this is bluetooth issue?

Jaker011

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
I had the same issue. Unfortunately, the only fix that I found is rooting and installing CM7. After that my car stereo bluetooth sounded great.

GBP87

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I had the same issue. Unfortunately, the only fix that I found is rooting and installing CM7. After that my car stereo bluetooth sounded great.

I would love to do that because I truly think the bluetooth music coming from my Blackberry was the best I ever heard. I'm afraid to root, though.

1) I have no idea where to even begin with rooting. Even the tutorial from CM7 refers out to rooting which is not something they deal with.

2) I know it voids the warranty, but can you somehow restore to stock to get it back to factory/warranty-appropriate settings?

3) Have you run into any big issues with CM7?

Jaker011

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
1. This the the tutorial I used to root mine: [How To] Easily Root your SGS2 - xda-developers

2. I have yet to look into that aspect. I know you can go back to the stock ROM, but after that I'm not sure what else one must do to make sure the root is gone.

3. Nothing yet, the battery has improved and the device seems much faster. I rooted to get rid of TouchWIz. I did not like that interface, and I prefer a more stock android experience.

tunie

Phhhhbbbbtttt
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
I use a Jawbone Icon BT and the music is amazing, at least to me. The sound quality is as good as it was on my BB Bold. You could try a different BT just to see if it makes a difference. I am rooted, but no custom ROM yet.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I am not rooted bit the music on my thunderbolt is awesome and I also have the jawbone icon

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon