Earbuds with mic that work?

chmcke01

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
As you all know, the SGS2 does not come with earbuds like most phones (at least most phones I have had). My boss just upgraded from a Dell Streak to a SGS2 and he says he had two sets of earbuds that worked fine on the Streak that don't work for calls on the SGS2.

I don't currently have any earbuds but was looking to buy some soon. Particularly I want the most comfortable wired earbuds that work (preferably under $25). I tried my wifes iPhone earbuds and those work fine except for the volume buttons (well, and the ability to just click and hold the button and say "call so and so" but I never expected that to work).

Has anyone found earbuds that work? If so, could you post a link? I am not just too lazy to look, I just want to make sure I am finding the right one because I am going to be adding it to my birthday and Christmas wishlist (my birthday is on the 23rd) and I would hate for someone to get me a set of earbuds and them accidentally get the wrong one. A few different times over the years I have asked for something and gotten something that sounded or looked similar but wouldn't work for me. For the past few years (especially when most people I know shop online now anyway) I include a link with everything I ask for.

If you have tried multiple earbuds that work what is the most comfortable?

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Just picked up some v moda at Costco for 30 after 20 off. They are pretty nice and do have a mic and one button. The button answers calls or skips songs if you want. I have been happy with v moda in the past but wanted a model with a mike in case I want to speak on the phone or listen to music. They work fine, although your voice is not as loud to the other caller it seems.

Had bought some ZAGG smart buds for 50 before the Costco sale. I have them, but have not opened them. Have not decided what I am going to do, try them or return them.

chmcke01

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
Just picked up some v moda at Costco for 30 after 20 off. They are pretty nice and do have a mic and one button. The button answers calls or skips songs if you want. I have been happy with v moda in the past but wanted a model with a mike in case I want to speak on the phone or listen to music. They work fine, although your voice is not as loud to the other caller it seems.

Had bought some ZAGG smart buds for 50 before the Costco sale. I have them, but have not opened them. Have not decided what I am going to do, try them or return them.

Those look pretty good, but I don't have a Costco anywhere near me (closest is about 4 hours away) and they are about $50 regular price online. Anyone tried any that are $30 or less online or on sale at Radioshack or Walmart (the only two stores we have here that MIGHT carry something like this)?

joeypasta

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
I have 3 different pair. 1 cheap pair and 2 nicer pair.

All have the same problem. The person on the other end can't hear me unless my mouth is close to the mic. I mean reeeeaaaal close! It almost seems like a flaw with this phone?

GBP87

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Just an FYI, but my apple earphonea with mic worked perfectly on voice calls. My Blackberry never cod recofnize them.

castrot3

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
If you want fantastic sound quality check out the Klipsch S4i. Amazimg sound out of those lil guys.

Does the S4i work for you for the gsII? As far as the buttons go? Cuz I thought those were specifically for the iphone and I really like the look of the white headphones... so that would be nice to know. Otherwise, they just released the S4A which comes with the android app :)

chmcke01

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
I have 3 different pair. 1 cheap pair and 2 nicer pair.

All have the same problem. The person on the other end can't hear me unless my mouth is close to the mic. I mean reeeeaaaal close! It almost seems like a flaw with this phone?

I have tried my wifes iPhone earbuds that came with her iPhone 4 and it worked perfectly, except for the volume buttons. She heard me fine without me having to do anything special with the mic.

Most of those are pretty high for wired earbuds. I would rather it work well, sound pretty decent, and be cheap than for it to work perfect, sound amazing, and be expensive.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Junkie XL