Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Some text messages still going to my iPhone instead of SGII???

So I sent some text yesterday while I was out, didn't hear back from a few which I thought was weird. I get home and happen to look at my iPhone, and some of their replies showed up on it. Obviously the sim card is in my SGII.

Any idea how that is happening??

Which also reminds me is there a better, just straight msg'ing app that's good? I liked how on the iPhone you just clicked messages and that was it. On my SGII going to messages brings up everyone including people on Facebook that I don't even have in my phone and where it get confusing is it brings up every single persons number, email etc, seems I have to go to phone, contacts, and then choose from there to text. Is there a good text app to add where I can just send/receive text/sms quickly and easily?

Default Re: Some text messages still going to my iPhone instead of SGII??

did you turn off imessage from the iphone if you're running ios5? im assuming whoever was sending you a message was sending via imessage and if your iphone is connected to wifi, you will receive sms there instead of your sg2.
    Phhhhbbbbtttt

Global Posts
    601 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock ROM:Rooted

I don't know if this will help or not, but I use Handcent from the Market. It's a much nicer interface. I never synched my contacts with Facebook, so I don't have all those entries in my contacts. Still, when composing to someone new, I have to either scroll my contacts or, search for the person.
    Don't breed or buy while shelter animals die. Save a life.
    LA County Adoption List Humane Society ASPCA

Quote Originally Posted by polobreaka View Post
    did you turn off imessage from the iphone if you're running ios5? im assuming whoever was sending you a message was sending via imessage and if your iphone is connected to wifi, you will receive sms there instead of your sg2.
    Same thing happened to me on my iPhone after I upgraded to the SGS2 last week. Either wipe the phone if you are going to sell it anyway or just turn off iMessage if you are keeping it.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Turning off iMessage worked, I didn't even think of that. I'm keeping it still even though I love this SGII.

Quote Originally Posted by tunie View Post
    I don't know if this will help or not, but I use Handcent from the Market. It's a much nicer interface. I never synched my contacts with Facebook, so I don't have all those entries in my contacts. Still, when composing to someone new, I have to either scroll my contacts or, search for the person.
    Yeh I'm thinking about un-synching that, I don't see the point... not everyones pictures show and it makes it more confusing. I'll check out that app. Thanks.

Also one weird question, since the SGII is supposed to have 16GB of onboard storage, why does mine say:
    System Storage - 1.97GB
    USB Storage - 11.36GB
    SD Card - 0 since I don't have one installed

Glad turning off iMessage worked for you. If your friend have an iPhone with iOS5 and you previously owned an iPhone which was updated to iOS5 and didn't turn off iMessage, the message sent from your friend's iPhone will usually be sent through iMessage if it detects the phone number was previously assigned to an iPhone w/ iOS5+. I had the same issue. :P

Quote Originally Posted by surf1 View Post
    Turning off iMessage worked, I didn't even think of that. I'm keeping it still even though I love this SGII.

Yeh I'm thinking about un-synching that, I don't see the point... not everyones pictures show and it makes it more confusing. I'll check out that app. Thanks.

Also one weird question, since the SGII is supposed to have 16GB of onboard storage, why does mine say:
    System Storage - 1.97GB
    USB Storage - 11.36GB
    SD Card - 0 since I don't have one installed
    The size is because a 16GB SD card actually has about 13.5 GB or so usable. The 2GB is for apps, whereas the USB storage is for anything else you store on it. I'm not sure why they split it up like that.

Just think of it as a partitioned hard drive, 2gig for the OS and updates, 6gig for apps and the rest for whatever else. And remember, just because it says 16gig doesn't mean it's actually 16gig, the always round up and it's misleading.

As for Facebook users showing in your contacts, you can disable that in the contact options. You can also have it only show FB users that have their numbers/photos available, which is nice for those people whose number you don't have.

My only gripe with the text function of this phone is it doesn't break up conversations by days, and that while typing, the keyboard and text windows take up such room you can't see the conversation. But again, Handcent or such app will fox that. Just would be nice to run purely stock, then again, that's the draw of Android.