Blackberry to Android SIM card question

tlo07

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
I switched my SIM card from my blackberry to my Galaxy SII without calling ATT to have my IMEI or my plan switched. It seems to be working but I'm wondering if there are any consequences.

Thanks!

Average Joe 6Pack

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Shouldn't be a problem if its working. What bb did you have? I went from a bold to the s2 and had to get a 4g sim, the 3g one from my bold worked for calls and texts but wouldn't connect to the web.

tunie

Phhhhbbbbtttt
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
I just did something similar last week. I popped a 4 year old LG dumb phone sim into a 5 year old Blackberry Curve 8300. Everything worked perfectly. Two days later, I called AT&T about a billing issue and they noted the LG had become a Blackberry. I'd turned off all data but, while I was on the phone with them, I turned it on to sync the calendar in an effort to remove a gazillion duplicate appts. They told me the system put data on the line right then and there, but I think they did it. The data was on for 2 days and no problem until I called. They said something about when the system sweeps the towers for cell access, it would have discovered the BB. I don't think that's possible, but I can't say why. I just felt that they weren't being honest with me.

I don't know if they'll ever discover it unless the increased data sends up a flag. I use a lot more data with the S2 than I did with my Bold. If you're on a grandfathered unlimited plan, I would notify them because you have nothing to lose. It would help with the warranty, as well. If you're not on unlimited data, I would guess the worst thing they could do would be to change your plan to tiered data.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa