1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default micro sim or full size?

Just curious if this phone uses a micro sim? Have an iPhone and thinking about sim swapping the two phones as "needed" - but if the sim card doesn't fit :-)

Global Posts
    167 Global Posts

Default Re: micro sim or full size?

It takes a regular sim. I also have an iPhone 4s though and i swap them back and forth. I just use a sim adapter when installing into the GS2. Works great.
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by jjb70 View Post
    It takes a regular sim. I also have an iPhone 4s though and i swap them back and forth. I just use a sim adapter when installing into the GS2. Works great.
    hmmm sim adapter?

^A sim adapter that you can get off Amazon or eBay

something like this
    http://www.amazon.com/Microsim-Adapt...idcentral00-20

Quote Originally Posted by jjb70 View Post
    I would also be doing this. Do you have to call AT&T every time you change phones since the data plans are different? WIth the micro sim in the GSII do you get Visual Voicemail, text, MMS, and HSPA+ speeds?
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    8,897 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by MattMJB0188 View Post
    I would also be doing this. Do you have to call AT&T every time you change phones since the data plans are different? WIth the micro sim in the GSII do you get Visual Voicemail, text, MMS, and HSPA+ speeds?
    You don't have to call if you swap SIM's.

SGSII doesn't have VVM (it's a feature built in to certain phones). But yes, MMS/SMS and HSPA+ should work just fine.
    Kevin F.I.M.T.K. O'Quinn Esq.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin O'Quinn View Post
    You don't have to call if you swap SIM's.

SGSII doesn't have VVM (it's a feature built in to certain phones). But yes, MMS/SMS and HSPA+ should work just fine.
    Would you happen to know if the micro sim would fit in the regular sim slot without an adapter? I have read people have had success in doing this.