Screen banding / streaking at low brightness

Mr.Gadget

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else seeing this on their AT&T SG2? When the screen is displaying a dark scene in a movie or a game, there is considerable vertical banding. It is not a problem with normal items on screen. As long as something is on screen that is other than gray or black, it looks fine. During movie scenes is where it is most noticeable.
I think I have a stuck bright pixel on as well when the screen goes to all black. I see a white dot.
Anyone have a link to those fancy-schmancy screen testing apps? Maybe I'll checkout the market.

Mr.Gadget

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Hum, found and downloaded "screen test". It actually looks really good. No stuck pixels, and the banding is there on a gray screen, but nowhere near as bad as when I am watching movies. Maybe it has something to do with a combination of a gray/dark screen and motion?
Anyone else seeing this? (Is it a limitation of OLED?)
On a gray screen, the lower left corner (portrait mode) is a lighter gray, so I essentially see a "triangle" of light gray against the more uniform dark gray. Hum.....

dingbat005

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
I get it sometimes in Plants vs Zombies on the "night" levels where I have white bands running across the screen. So far that's the only time I've noticed anything like this, but glad to hear its not just me!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol