best part of 2.3.6

izzymyster

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
today I realized that voice search was no longer maped yo double tapping the home button, so I googled the issue and found out it had been remapped to double tapping the search button and that you could now pick which program you want to use for your voice control! having vlingo be right there is so usefull. i might be using voice controls out side of a driving setting now!

so I was wondering what your favorite part of 2.3.6 was?

Reactions: Dr Triffid

MattMJB0188

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
today I realized that voice search was no longer maped yo double tapping the home button, so I googled the issue and found out it had been remapped to double tapping the search button and that you could now pick which program you want to use for your voice control! having vlingo be right there is so usefull. i might be using voice controls out side of a driving setting now!

so I was wondering what your favorite part of 2.3.6 was?

I'll tell ya my least favorite part... the glow effect they added to the scrolling. Doesn't feel nearly as smooth as the bouncy scrolling.

MattMJB0188

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I believe that was done due to an Apple lawsuit regarding the bounce effect.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

I love Apple believe me I do but I am getting so sick of them. So this means in all future Samsung products they have to use that ridiculous glow effect??? Most arrogant company on the face of the earth and I can say that as I own a MBP, iPad 2, and iPhone 4s.

Dr Triffid

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
today I realized that voice search was no longer maped yo double tapping the home button, so I googled the issue and found out it had been remapped to double tapping the search button and that you could now pick which program you want to use for your voice control!

Thanks for making this known. I was getting used to the Vlingo voice dialing until 2.3.6 showed up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicos18