Memory control freak

Angelsnecropolis

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm trying to get opinions from those that have used various memory managers and task killers.

I've read up on how androids OS handles memory & I still dont like how it works. I like to control which apps are running & which aren't. My primary concern is bec I'm experiencing a memory leak. After my phone boots up my ram is at 560 out of my 1024. Hours later that 560 will be at 260 even when not in use. So I'm rebooting my phone once or twice a day. When the memory gets that low programs stutter & slow way down.

Ive realized that I've prob gone overkill on my memory apps so I want to remove some. I have installed Memory Booster Lite, Auto Memory Manager, Advanced Task Manager, App Cache Cleaner, & System Tuner.

Some of them have the same features like auto kill at regular intervals. I'm trying to choose 1 or 2 of the best ones.

What is your opinion & experience?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S II

sdmark

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
In my opinion you do not want to kill all the apps...ever. android will just restart them and destroy your battery life. The only time I ever kill apps is if there is a rogue one (like some games that are impossible to quit, or something that constantly uses GPS or data in the background).

I consistently have 280-320mb of free memory on mine. If your phone is lagging it's probably a rogue app.

There are several articles on this..but here's one I just found
http://www.droid-life.com/2011/06/02/revisiting-android-task-killers-and-why-you-dont-need-one/

2ndaccord

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
Let the phone handle the memory for you. I don't kill any apps except for games that don't offer a way to back out of them. I used to use a task killer a long time ago and my phone would act funny and lag at random times. Just use the built in task manager and kill rogue apps or games and you'll be fine.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc